What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

UngersPride

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad

There is just something about Smallville I find very appealing. The writing is quite mature for a show supposedly aimed at young people.

I have gone from being a sceptic to being a BIG fan of this show. A real delight.

I tried a couple of seasons of Angel, but honestly it never grabbed me like Buffy did. Buffy had it all. Buffy hooked me in a similar way that Smallville now has.

It helps that the acting is solid and that there is lots of eye candy....

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Jason, I hope you know that it started last week. If you missed it, you might have to look for an alternate way to catch up.

Three's Company arrangement would mean he was getting nothing! Even if it was a full-on open relationship, I don't think anything like that would even occur to Boy Scout Clark.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Greg, yup, I actually watched the Season 6 finale and then the Season 7 premiere late Saturday night. I'm all caught up...finally. :)

(I was in utter amazement when Clark evaporated the dam water. I've seen cooler stuff on TV, but that was a HUGE step up.)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i've seen every single ep of buffy+angle, i did both series in 1.5months while i was working fulltime and overtime, taking 4 undergrad classes. after that i did smallville in 1 month. all you have to do is giveup sleep =P

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I did all of Buffy & Angel in about three months. I admit, I much prefer "Buffy" to Angel, and "Buffy" is one of the few shows I can go back and watch at any moment and enjoy.. it along with Deep Space Nine rank as two of the very few shows in that category. Kind of "Comfort TV" :)

Smallville is good thus far, I'm almost at the end of Season 2.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yeah your right, you could probably take down Roeper, but what about Mr. Furley? I believe he was Kryptonian anyway, you really expect me to believe those cloths came from Earth? C'mon. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Different strokes, but no way in the world would I boot Lana for Lois or just about anybody else. The character may have annoyed here and there, but that doesn't detract from the hotness at all.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Kinda off topic. But, the rumor mills are buzzing that Welling will be cast as Supes in the Justice League movie. Even Sanchez at IESB who said the Welling negotiations were dead are saying they are back on.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The best part was when Clark caught Kara by the legs and body slammed her into the ground. Nice.

I like the new editor, Michael Cassidy is a good addition to the cast (he was good on "The O.C.", and the only one worth watching on "Hidden Palms"). Enjoyed him interjecting some family competition between Lois and Chloe.

Kara's presence is going to ground Clark to Smallville for a while longer. He's going to need to give her some secret identity lessons, though.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
One thing jumped out at me: the gal playing Kara is a really wooden actress. Her face just looks wrong, almost as if she's had a nose job from the guy on E! :)

Okay, now some real thoughts:

- What exactly is the point of Lana being in China? If it's just to get far, far away from Lex and Smallville, I understand that. But she could have gone anywhere in the world to get away. Why China?

- I'm really REALLY tired of Clark's Kryptonian Daddy (yes, I know his name is Jor-El) constanty giving ominous threats which don't help anyone in any way. If you have information, give it up. If not, be quiet. (Sidenote: I'm now curious what the rift between Jor-El and Zor-El was.)

- The Planet's new editor...yeah, not a fan. I've never been terribly thrilled with the way Smallville's introduced new characters (like Lois in S4). He doesn't need to make his presence felt. And we have another allusion to events in the future (Lois working at the Planet).

- Is this Lana explanation contrived, or is it just me? Right now, without going back to the S6 finale, it seems like a bit of a retcon to me. We're to assume Lex did what he did when he was giving Lana all her baby deception medication and she found out the deal, staged the explosion and left the country with no one knowing? Like Lex said, Lana's smart...but this may be too much for her.

- I'm geeked about next week's promo. Absolutely and positively. Time for some fallout from Clark and Lana's heart to heart.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Despite the catastrophy of having the color wheel in my projector explode right before Smallville leaving me with nothing more than a really expensive plastic box full of circuit boards and wires :frowning: I was abble to watch the episode and I thought it was really good.

Loved the heart to hearts with Kara and i'm now curious as to what threat she poses. BTW, Greg, I didn't know that about Kristen, just think, though, if she had gotten Smallville there might never have been a Veronica Mars. :frowning:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jor-El controls Kal-El at Jor-El's pace. Sometimes people aren't ready to know things. I think he's sort of a prick in this version of the mythos, but that makes him more interesting in a way.

I liked it. The one ominous thing was that, when all commercials were skipped, this puppy came in at 39 minutes and change. I think this is the first hour long I've watched that's under 40 minutes.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I have issues with the idea Kal-El is supposed to believe everything Jor-El says with no hesitation despite being duped and basically lied to in the past. It would be like a parent telling their child not to do drugs "because I said so." No, you tell them the consequences of doing drugs so they understand why as opposed to having the fear of god in them.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
And Glover goes through more hair styles on this show than any of the girls. It's a game to see which one he's going with in any particular episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks