What's new

Smallville season 6 (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I was just skimming through this thread seeing if any updates were available when I came across the quote " Superman is the disguise, clark is who he really is." I don't know if any one mention this point and I am just butting in on a discussion that I haven't fully read, but I must say that I disagree with that assessment. Neither is the disguise, they both are aspects of himself and his personality he continues to act on his personal beliefs and opinions. When he appears to the world as Superman most times it's during a time of saving where his contact with people is quite minimal and much of his concentration is toward the situation at hand. When he is "Superman" is using everything that he learned from his adopted parent's, all that he believes and values and if ,as some version of his story has used, he spends some time "walking in the wilderness learning from his real father", that would be apart of him as well.

Clark Kent or the persona of Clark Kent after deciding to be "Superman" ( which he was dubbed by the people not himself) is not a disguise either. However this is where he uses techniques to deflect any possible connection between the two personas. It's not different than most people of the world. We uses different parts of our personalities in different settings. Whether it's work, school or at home we show different sides to ourselves.

Now if your saying that he thinks of himself as Clark Kent and not as Superman then I would agree. We may also have to consider that as he learns more about his heritage and the world from where he came and accepts it his heart, he may think of himself as Kal-el, Sorta like Cassius Clay thought of his Identity as Muhammad Ali.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Over at the www.kryptonsiteforum.com they had info about episode 11 from Ausiello at TV Guide.

From the column of TV Guide's Mike Ausiello, some quotes from Alfred Gough: "Episode 11, which is our second episode back in January, is going to be called 'Justice,' and it'll basically be our first look at the Justice League. We're gonna have Green Arrow, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman, played by Alan Ritchson, who is coming back. That's gonna be our first Justice League episode." And where exactly is Wonder Woman? "Ask Joel Silver," Gough grumbles. "He's the producer; he controls the movie rights. We'd do a whole Wonder Woman series if we had Wonder Woman, but Joss Whedon is writing the movie, so we can't have her."

Sweet!!!! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, something really strange just happened...

a few months ago I had posted something in this thread about how I would like to see Clark get superbreath, my idea was that Clark would get either sick or develope an allergic reaction and develope a very powerful sneeze which is what herolds the arrival of his superbreath.

Well, I just read the episode synopsis for ep 2 of season 6 and as it turns out that is EXACTLY what is going to happen in it lol! :laugh:

I swear that I had no idea when I posted that that it was going to happen that way, it was just an idea lol.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Uh Gary, Superman doesn't battle truth and justice. He battles for truth, justice, and the American Way. :)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Hey, John, regarding your signature picture from Cliffhanger, is that guy really laughing in that dramatic scene??? lol.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I record EVERYTHING and strip the commercials first (fairly automated process) and never watch anything that ends in "To Be Continued" until part "next" is available. I'm looking forward to watching "Vessel" tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... I think I'll be watching The Office "live", so I may watch the first half-hour of Smallville, switch over, and then later watch the last half-hour of Smallville after 11 p.m.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I will most likely be watching it later tonight. Before I got the DVR, I had to rush to get home at 7. Now, I can just not worry about it. Besides, I'm much more invested in Supernatural at this point, and I really think if I watched Smallville live, I'd be sitting there thinking, "Come on, already! Get over so I can get to the good stuff!"

My dilemma is, should I series record both SV and SN, or should I just do SV and set it to end an hour later? I tested a one-after-the-other record on Lassie last night, and there seemed to be a break between the one episode ending and the next starting. I don't want that happening with these two shows. It reminds me of an old CD player I had. If you recorded onto tape in order, it was fine. If you programmed it to skip around, there would be breaks between tracks even if you programmed track 7 to play after track 6. Newer players were smart enough to be seamless if the tracks were back to back like that. Too bad the DVR isn't up to that level yet.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep lol, and here's further evidence of the evil that is Frank...

It puts a damper on that scene, that's for damn sure lol. :laugh:

Tonights the night! Two of my favorite shows are coming back! Woohoo!!! :)

Smallville and Supernatural will both go on the DVR, I always record my favorite shows even though I watch them when they air just in case I really like the episode and want to watch it again.

I'm looking foreward to seeing these two shows in HD for the very first time! :):)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
LOL...what is up with that actor?? Hey, how did you come across that? I've watched that movie a bunch of times and never noticed that. I guess I got caught in the drama and never paid attention to "Frank", lol.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I don't know what his deal is lol, but I first noticed it back when I got the laserdisc in 95 and saw the film in it's OAR for the first time (I think most of Frank is cut off in the p&s version).

But once I saw that, I laughed for hours afterwards because I just couldn't get it out of my head. :laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I enjoyed the season premiere so much that I found that I could not turn away towards "The Office".

Loved Clark stink-palming Lex-Zod, loved that they squeezed in the "Kneel before Zod" line.

Lana showed some grit and determination.

The meeting of CK, and James in front of Chloe was a light touch given the rest of the episode.

Lionel is on his way to becoming the world's foremost Krypto-stenographer. Heh.

Now we have a season of one-shots to look forward to. Stephen K. DeKnight did a good job with the season opener.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wow, the season opener was awesome! :) I got giddy with the Lex/Zod vs Clark fight, Lex/Zod beat the Kryptonian piss out of Clark lol, but I had confidence in our fledgling hero and yes, adding the "Neal before Zod" line and then what followed was a masterstroke, it paid homage to Superman II nicely. :emoji_thumbsup:

And the Superman shield makes it first official appearance in the show and Clark using it to destroy Zod was so appropriate.
Jor-El was at his most somber and sympathetic when he spoke to Martha at the fortress, I was almost moved by the things he was saying.

One thing that I didn't like, though, I don't want to see a relationship between Chloe and Jimmy, I want her and Clark together. :frowning: But oh well, we'll see where it goes, it's early. I LOVED the season opener, I can't wait to see what will happen with those wild dog-like creatures.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Wow, no speculation on what turns Lex into somewhat of a nice guy into someone willing to kill millions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks