What's new

Smallville Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Clark made an off-hand comment that Pete wasn't nearly as pushy as Chloe, and she actually almost shrieked "Pete knew? He got to see your spaceship???"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it'd be funny if there was a Supernatural-Smallville crossover (with Chloe taking the lead in the story with her junk in the trunk), and the raised eyebrows with Jensen Ackles as Dean showing up in Smallville to hunt down the FotW.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought it was a pretty decent episode. Maybe not as good as last weeks, but I absolutely loved the Clark/Lex showdown. I was sick and tired of the Clark/Lana will-they/won't-they business two years ago. Hopefully they'll choose a relationship and sick with it this time. Either way, I'd rather see Clark with Chloe.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Was a yawn fest for me guys - Sure the Clark / Lex end was great...but if I want to see relationship woes and no special powers I will watch 7th Heaven, Dawson's Creek (or pick a random WB show)...

I was so bored with this ep...usually I am really into Smallville but this one didn't set with me...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, but with those, you don't get flashbangs, solid laser security meshes, or creepy purple-eyed albinos! :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I have never minded the Clark with no powers storylines (Comics included). It's always a reminder that Clark is a hero even when he has no powers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
When the episode first started, did anyone else think it was going to turn out that Lex had dropped Chloe off at the mental ward?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I'm sorry, Greg, I didn't mean to offend, your cool. :cool: :emoji_thumbsup:

I just meant that Lucia was the only one who had no complaints at all about the show and just accepts everything about it, no matter what.

I loved last nights ep, it definitely shows that Clark can handle problems without superpowers, in fact it had crossed my mind that this whole thing is a trial from Jor El, to teach Clark that very thing...to teach him how to problem solve on his own, and to give him some time as a human so that he fully understands what pain is like for us.

His confrontation with Lex was sheer Smallville bliss! Lex knows now that Clark meabs business and that their friendship is nearing it's twilight. Those two albinos reminded me of smaller, sicker versions of the twins in The Matrix Reloaded.

And yes, Clark finally tapped Lana! :emoji_thumbsup: Way to go Clark!!! :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No real offense taken, John. It was tongue-in-cheek.

Another cool thing was that Clark can temporarily pick up Kryptonite. It is kind of bizarre that Jor-El has the power to remove his powers, though, just by Clark not making the promised meeting. If he and all Kryptonians get their power by soaking up solar rays, how can that be inhibited?

What would happen to an earthling on a planet with a sun like Krypton's? SuperChloe?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
how about when he was in the funnel info thing, jor-el put a timer on clark.

he needed to get back by a certain time to cancel the timer.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, I forgot about Clark being able to hold kryptonite now.... that was cool. I'm glad Clark and Lana are finally together, but honestly, I'd probably much rather see him with Chloe.

So what is the deal with Lex and his feelings for Lana? He has now come out twice and told her he has feelings, but we don't really see or hear anything else about it. Do you think they will go into that in future episodes?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

They reminded me of the limping sidkicks with straight jackets that helped The Genrtlemen on the episode "Hush" of Buffy.

Good episode. I think it was good that they had one episode where Clark does not have his powers. I think getting his powers back at the end of the last episode would have been to quick of a resolution to the story.
Jonathon got thrown across a room again. Hmmm.
I see this is as a future drinking game. Jonathon got shot, had a heart attach or thrown across a room, drink!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If I may venture a tad off topic for just a moment, I just got through watching the first three episodes of Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman on dvd after not seeing it for many years, and it's very strange, in that show Clark doesn't know what he is, where he's from or who his real parents are, even AFTER becoming Supes. :confused:

Perhaps that's for another thread, but if someone could please tell me if any of the comic incarnations followed that, i'll quickly drop it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I picked up the set, but haven't watched it yet. I don't remember those issues from the show. I'm sure I found it distracting at the time. I think only the earliest incarnations of Supes (like from the 40's) had him not knowing of his origins. And here I was always bothered by the screwed up continuity in Smallville!

Ric

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

No no! We came up with an even better one. Everytime someone winds up at the hospital, drink! Actually, that is something I noticed quite a bit in S4. They used the hospital a lot in that season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks