What's new

Smallville Season 2! (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
That wouldn't surprise me. I remember hearing a while back that WB was planning to do one season per year. Since Season 1 came out September 2003, that would place Season 2 around September 2004 like Digital Bits said.

Then again, I also remember hearing that WB was gonna speed up their TV releases in order to catch up with the current seasons being broadcast(i.e. Buena Vista and Alias). David? Gord? A little help? :)

John Simon

Second Unit
If the rumor from the Bits were true, it would seem to be a fairly poor business decision. Why not make a release schedule that allowed new fans to catch up to the current episodes, thus raising the ratings. Hopefully David will have some better news for us next week.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The news that The Bits posted is for Region 2, not Region 1. Based on conversations I've had with Warner Bros, I don't believe the Smallville date is correct.

Gord

John Simon

Second Unit
GREAT news for all us Smallville fans! KryptonSite is reporting the following:

The current plan, we hear, is for the DVD set to come around the time of the third season finale in May, although no date has been announced as of yet. But, feast your eyes on some of the things that we can look forward to:
  • Commentaries on two episodes: "Red" with two commentary tracks - Al Gough, Miles Millar, and writer Jeph Loeb OR series stars Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, and Michael Rosenbaum with co-executive producer Greg Beeman; and "Rosetta" with commentary by Al Gough and Miles Millar, OR series stars Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, and Michael Rosenbaum, with directors Greg Beeman and James Marshall!
  • The COMPLETE series of "Chloe Chronicles" "webisodes" starring Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan
  • Gag reel
  • Deleted scenes
  • Two special featurettes - one focusing on the magic behind Smallville's visual effects, and another focusing on a monumental event in Smallville history ("Rosetta," perhaps?)
We're also told that an "and more" can be added to that. Needless to say, it looks like May will be a very good month!
They've tended to be very reliable in the past, and I think it's a pretty decent bet this will prove to be true. :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Geek factor aside of having Jeph Loeb on a commentary aside, I think the coolest extra has got to be Millar and Gough on "Rosetta" and the potential featurette on the episode.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
The messageboard at Kryptonsite is probably already burning because Kristen Kreuk will do two audiocommentaries.

Those teenage girls hate her about as much as they love Spike.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The release date, if true, pretty much cements this as a DVD-only show for me, but I'll quit harping on it. I'll just look forward to what sounds like a great set. Though I didn't notice video problems on my small TV on the first set, I hope this one will be met with more positive reviews in that regard.

John Simon

Second Unit
The release date, if true, pretty much cements this as a DVD-only show for me
Greg, how come? A release around the time of the finale seems to indicate to me that the third season will probably be released right around the time of the 4th season's premiere. You may have to record the first few episodes, but it seems like it won't be too hard to catch up to the original broadcasts.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If it comes out in May, that's only three or four months until the next season. I just can't see WB putting out another box in that short time frame. If I'm wrong and it does come out right before or soon after the fourth season begins, you're correct in saying the first few episodes could be recorded and we'd be all caught up.

John KB

Second Unit
I hope the gag reel is good. So often, these are so lame.
I can't wait to see some of the extras!

John Simon

Second Unit
This sounds like a great set! I don't know about the rest of you, but I got hooked on this show on DVD. It was the first series I ever bought on DVD without having seen a single episode, but I took the risk as a result of my interest in the Superman mythology. As it turned out, it has instantly become my favorite series on television, and I'm thrilled to see that the DVD release will include features that are worthy of a show of this quality. Now I just have to wait until May! :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm sort of in the same boat, but I did see one season 2 episode before buying the first set. I liked it (and loved Lana
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:b) enough to take the risk on the first set, and I thought the show was great. Can't wait for May either.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Compared to Season One, the cover art's sort of blah. I was hoping for a shot from the finale with the emblazoned across Clark's chest, in a follow-up to the painted 'S' from the season one box.

Still the extras kick ass, particularly the "Rosetta" commentaries and the Christopher Reeve featurette. Must buy for me.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
he release date, if true, pretty much cements this as a DVD-only show for me
Me too. I don't watch Sinclair Broadcasting stations as they don't support my community with HDTV. DVD sets will be the only way this show is watched in my house.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Darn it! The street date's been changed! It's now coming out on May 18th instead of May 25th! :angry:

Oh, wait. That's good news! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sweet news!

I'm leaving on the 19th for Europe...now I'll have something to keep me company on the flight :):emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks