Smallville season 2...Any ideas when?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Sep 10, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I know the show doesn't come out for another 2 weeks. But, I was wondering how quick does everyone think Warner will wait before releasing season 2? I also going by the assumption that season 1 will sell well.

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

They said at least by the time Season 4 starts airing. I still don't know if they are trying to catch up new viewers or just get these out on the shelves. The ideal idea would be for Season 2 to come out in February, Season 3 could follow in time for Season 4 to start.

Doubt that is going to happen though.

3. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

Yeah, I heard that "one season per year" rumor. I hope that's not the case. I'm not saying WB needs to pull an Alias and release Season 2 before the end of the year, but Spring 2004 wouldn't be such a bad idea.

And considering how weak the supplements appear to be on the Season 1 set, there's really no need for WB to take their time with Season 2 unless they plan on actually including a decent number of commentaries and featurettes(they better do something for "Rosetta"!).

4. Mickey P

Mickey P Agent

I cant wait for these to hit the stores as I missed several episodes during the first season and a good bit the second season as well, and never saw the reruns, so this will be a welcome sight when it hits the shelves so that I can finally see what I missed! Finding the time to watch them all is another matter entirely!!

5. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

If it weren't for the fact that the first season was going to be in widescreen and all in a season set together, I probably wouldn't be even thinking about getting this set, because the WB is porting over all the extras from the single-disc Canadian release onto the season set. Nothing really new beyond that, unfortunately.

As for a Season 2 set, I agree, they need to up the ante, especially for "Rosetta", like a special featurette tying the series to the movies and a tribute to Christopher Reeve. They should also include the 4-part "Chloe Chronicles" mini-vignettes from the final four episodes of Year 2 on the set, since I'm sure there are a number of people who haven't been able to see it beyond AOL and the WB's website.