Small Wonder on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Joe.S, May 18, 2004.

1. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Here is an episode example. How could anyone take this seriously?

Small Wonder - Vicki and the Pusher

Episode Information

Episode Number 49
    First Aired September 5, 1987
    Production Code 302
    Writer Matt Geller

Director Bob Claver

Guest Stars: Philip Tanzini (as Larry) Peggy March (as Officer Davis)
    More Cast & Crew

Synopsis

When a schoolyard pusher tries to hook Vicki on drugs, the Lawsons help the police on a undercover sting.

Notes

In this season premiere, Vicki is upgraded with a Polynucleotide Processor so she could eat, create energy and go to the bathroom.

2. Bryn G

Bryn G Agent

Ahh Dick Christie - whatever happened to him?

nyrB

3. John*P

John*P Second Unit

This is a childhood favorite of mine, and I'd love to own the complete series of Small Wonder on DVD. The problem is, Fox owns the rights, and I'm not sure if they'd be interested in releasing it. [​IMG] Although, I suppose Shout! Factory (a likely candidate to release Small Wonder) or some other company could acquire the rights from Fox and make DVDs? In any event, I hope it is eventually released.

Update: I was just browsing the net for Small Wonder info, and was surprised by the amount of people who still like the show, and want it on DVD. It also has a pretty good rating at TVshowsonDVD.com. I'm listening to the theme song right now (the 2nd version) and am getting a craving for the show. I really hope it is released someday. I'm not asking for bonus material or anything, I just wanna be able to watch the show again!

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

You know, though, there were few things funnier then that ep mentioned above.. when the robot actually takes speed and becomes "hyper robot" and goes ballistic.. somehow, the drug works on robots too [​IMG]

5. Joe.S

Joe.S Agent

John *P,
    Glad you enjoy the show. Besides voting and leaving comments at tvshowsondvd.com for the studio, fans can send their inquiries to:

20TH CENTURY FOX HOME VIDEO
    P.O. BOX 900
    BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213-0900

address found at fox.com

If Punky Brewster can make it then so can Small Wonder. Every little bit helps. If you know other fans who like the show then spread the word about this project to get the show on DVD. I know this is a long shot but doing something to get the studio's attention is better than doing nothing.

6. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Thanks for that info, Joe.S

If they could acquire the rights from Fox, I think that Shout! Factory would be a more-likely candidate to release Small Wonder on DVD. They released Punky Brewster, and I believe that many Punky fans are also SW fans. Fox seems to be heavy on sci-fi, action and animation with their DVD releases, while Shout! is into nostalgia/comedy.

Shout! Factory's contact info is listed below, ask them to release Small Wonder in season DVD sets. Let's make this happen!

Shout! Factory
    2042-A Armacost Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90025

Phone: 310.979.5618

info@shoutfactory.com

7. Joe.S

Joe.S Agent

Thanks for the info John*P, I gave it a try. We've got to keep trying. What about anchor bay? They released Three's Company.

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Shout!, Anchor Bay, Image, Rhino, A&E, Ventura...did I miss any? I'm sure I did, but you get the idea. They are all looking for smaller-but-decently-popular properties like this to license and sell. The numbers for a show like this might not add up to a Fox, or similarly-sized studios. But for one of these other ones, a good success for them consists of much smaller numbers.

9. Joe.S

Joe.S Agent

To David Lambert & John *P,

This is the reply I received from Shout! Factory:

Thanks for your email and suggestion, we've actually gotten a number of them for this show. Our creative DVD staff has your email, for reference.

Thanks again!

By the looks of this reply, it appears that us fans are getting some attention.

10. John*P

John*P Second Unit

David Lambert: Thanks for the studio info you've provided. I'll have to send them some e-mails requesting that some shows are released.

Joe.S: Cool! I'm glad to hear that many people are requesting Small Wonder. This info leaves me optimistic about a DVD release for the series.

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    If someone told me a year ago that I'd send an email out to DVD producers for "Small Wonder", I'd would of called them nuts!

These are strange times...

(I did send send out an email to shout by the way :b )

12. Joe.S

Joe.S Agent

Continuing efforts still being made.

reply from Image Entertainment:

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your inquiry. At this point in time Image Entertainment does not have any plans regarding the release of "Small Wonder" on DVD. However, I will pass your email onto our acquisitions department, which will look into the possibility of releasing this series on DVD at some point in the future.

Thank you.

13. Joe.S

Joe.S Agent

Continuing efforts still being made.

reply from Image Entertainment:

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your inquiry. At this point in time Image Entertainment does not have any plans regarding the release of "Small Wonder" on DVD. However, I will pass your email onto our acquisitions department, which will look into the possibility of releasing this series on DVD at some point in the future.

Thank you.

14. John*P

John*P Second Unit

15. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Small Wonder currently has an "Unreleased Rank" of 126th at TVShowsOnDVD.com which is excellent for an 80s syndicated sitcom that aired at odd times of the day in many areas.

Here is a link to a Small Wonder episode guide, complete with screen caps and notes. This show is kitschy cool, I tell ya. http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionC...ode_Index.html

Since Anchor Bay seems to be the one releasing Fox TV titles at the moment, Fox and Anchor Bay would probably be the best companies to send e-mail requests for Small Wonder DVDs to.

Fox: foxdrop@4icc.com

Anchor Bay: suggestions@anchorbayent.com

16. LizH

LizH Second Unit

SW was funny before it got weird. [​IMG]

I mean, whoever heard of a robot with PK abilities? [​IMG]