What's new

Small Bookshelf Speakers ~300 (1 Viewer)

charger5674

Auditioning
Real Name
nathan
Hi, I'm new to the a/v world and need some help. I have been lurking for about a week on avs, audioholics and hometheaterforum. During that time I researched some bookshelf speakers and am having a hard time deciding. My budget is around 300 pr (~700 for 5.0, will go B stock) and I would like to mount them to the ceiling or wall. My preferences are about 95% movies/5% music. My room size is 16x18x12. I already have a klipsch rw-12d and denon avr 1713. Also, my preferred size would be less than 12x9x9. My researched speakers are: 1) Ascend HTM 200SE's 2) Cambridge S30 (no holes in back for mounting) 3) PSB Image B4 4) Energy CB-10's 5) Klipsch RB-41 II (Interested in the horn) 6) NHT Absolute Zero/Sub zero combo (try to find them for around 300 pr, most expensive) If there are others, it would be appreciated if mentioned. PS I have uploaded the same topic on Audioholics, AVS and Home Theater Forums. Just like a doctor's diagnosis, I want to see different opinions. Thanks!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Which speakers sound the best to you? I am partial to PSB - I've used them since the early 90's and have loved every speaker I've had from them. I see you're "interested" in the horn of the Klipsch. Be sure you listen to them. It's a love/hate thing - some like a bright speaker, others think they're harsh and lead to ear fatigue after extended listening. In short - don't expect a "consensus" from various forums on which speaker is the "best" choice. No one can answer that but you after you listen to them. With 12' ceilings, I would strongly recommend you wall mount them, rather than the ceiling. Ceiling mounting for the front speakers is NEVER recommended if you care at all about imaging and sound quality.

charger5674

Auditioning
Real Name
nathan
I'm not sure if I can listen to these speakers except for the klipsch. I am going to the local magnolia to see a few. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks