What's new

Slow time of the Year. (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by younger1968

It is sad, but the reality that re-mastering of the old shows unless there is market for the shows may not happen anymore

If that's true, I'm going to cry. So many shows. So many programs . . . . . . ... lost, forever lost.

James

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I think the slow down is extremely frustrating.

As for the above comment about remastering material, I guess that is one reason that I don't get the non-release of shows like the WB westerns. Many have already been remastered for airing on stations like ENCORE.

The episodes of LAWMAN, CHEYENNE and MAVERICK that I have seen on that channel at least appear to have been remastered. Good sound, clean pictures, etc.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am for one not surprised with the slow down. Each year that pass the window for the old shows closes The younger generation are not interested in the old shows and thus this is the dilemma with the studios. I think for people like myself have lost some hope that old shows will be completed. I am happy with what i have now and just hope shows like adam-12, Hawaii five-o, Vega$, etc are completed. I have over 67 completed shows and 37 completed cartoons. My collection is more than enough to occupy my tv time, which is normally only about 2 hrs a night.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Most of my shows have now been completed. Still awaiting on a few that are up in the air, as follows:

Laverne & Shirley

What's Happening Now!!

Archie Bunker's Place

The Facts Of Life

Looking forward to finally completing:

The Lucy Show

Here's Lucy
Hazel

Aside from those, I doubt any new ones will begin unless Sony decides to finally open their vaults for a change.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Regulus

I hear you Regulus! I worked out my collection and it would take me 7 yrs to watch everything from start to finish. I just picked a dvd and throw it in the player at 9pm and when it is done then i call it a night. My viewing pleasure changes from time to time depending on my mood. Last night i watch Marrried with Children the better shop around and route 66 episodes.

I also have movies as well and i like to popped then in again from time to time, especially those movies filmed in 1960s-1970s-1980s. So, that is more then enough to keep me occupied.

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man
And what looks like Fox's policy of one season per year of The Simpsons is more than pathetic.

I don't think it's "Fox's policy" so much as it is the availability (or lack thereof) of the writers / directors / Matt Groening to do the commentary tracks. Fox's special bare-bones Season 20 release showed (a) that they could release more than one season at a time if they really cut corners, and (b) nobody is particularly interested in a bare-bones season release. (While more and more episodes from Seth MacFarlane shows are being released without commentary, both The Simpsons and Futurama have had 100% coverage in their "regular" season releases.)

Besides - I'm still waiting for a "deluxe" version of The Simpsons Movie, but that's another story for another category.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i just ordered Valley of the dinosaurs and have to wait for a few months to pick up the herculoids. It has been very quiet from WB on more releases for HB cartoons. We are approaching the summer and usually there is a drop off with releases/announcements. I was hoping to hear when the New Adventures of Gilligan was going to be released as it has been delayed since April 2011. I would love to see the following HB:

1. Devlin

2. Jeannie

3. Partridge Family 2200AD

4. Completing the remaining episodes from Scooby-Doo

5. Banana Split

6. Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels

7. Sealab 2020

8. Harlem Globe Trotters

I would love to see Hawaii five-o completed this year. I have S1-10 on dvd. S11 was schedule for April, but appears to be delayed now. I was hoping to see S6/S7 for Adam-12 released as well. I have about all the shows i want on dvd. I only watch 2-3 hrs of tv a night and it is usually around 9pm when i want to relax and shutoff the world for a few hours. So, i have tons viewing options to keep my interest for many years. I do not plan to ever had cable tv again and will only have internet access in my house. TV shows today just do not interest me and he news depresses me!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Is Clue Club HB? I'd love to see that released through WB Archive.

I just picked up Gobots, and plan to get Mr. T soon.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Bryan^H said:
Is Clue Club HB? I'd love to see that released through WB Archive.

I just picked up Gobots, and plan to get Mr. T soon.
Yes Clue Club is HB and I would expect to se it sometime in the near future!

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
younger1968 said:
i just ordered Valley of the dinosaurs and have to wait for a few months to pick up the herculoids. It has been very quiet from WB on more releases for HB cartoons. We are approaching the summer and usually there is a drop off with releases/announcements. I was hoping to hear when the New Adventures of Gilligan was going to be released as it has been delayed since April 2011. I would love to see the following HB:

1. Devlin

2. Jeannie

5. Banana Split

7. Sealab 2020

8. Harlem Globe Trotters

I would love to see Hawaii five-o completed this year. I have S1-10 on dvd. S11 was schedule for April, but appears to be delayed now. I was hoping to see S6/S7 for Adam-12 released as well. I have about all the shows i want on dvd. I only watch 2-3 hrs of tv a night and it is usually around 9pm when i want to relax and shutoff the world for a few hours. So, i have tons viewing options to keep my interest for many years. I do not plan to ever had cable tv again and will only have internet access in my house. TV shows today just do not interest me and he news depresses me!
Quiet for new HB releases? In the past few weeks we have seen a date for the Gobots followed by one week later The Herculoids. Hardly slowing down too much for my wallet! I hope the continue these excellent releases!

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
younger1968 said:
I am for one not surprised with the slow down. Each year that pass the window for the old shows closes The younger generation are not interested in the old shows and thus this is the dilemma with the studios. I think for people like myself have lost some hope that old shows will be completed. I am happy with what i have now and just hope shows like adam-12, Hawaii five-o, Vega$, etc are completed. I have over 67 completed shows and 37 completed cartoons. My collection is more than enough to occupy my tv time, which is normally only about 2 hrs a night.
A classic series is a classic series. I'm in my 30s and love shows before my time like I love Lucy as an example. If a show is a classic, the same with a classic film it will transcend the generations. As far as sell thru goes I would expect to start seeing many series released as digital download and MOD discs. ultraviolet enabled devices will be coming to market soon that will open up the flood gates again (let's hope).

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Towergrove

1. Devlin

2. Jeannie

5. Banana Split

7. Sealab 2020

8. Harlem Globe Trotters

Quiet for new HB releases? In the past few weeks we have seen a date for the Gobots followed by one week later The Herculoids. Hardly slowing down too much for my wallet! I hope the continue these excellent releases![/QUOTE]

Jetsons Meet the Flintstones Announced today at the Warner Archive.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ThatDonGuy

I don't think it's "Fox's policy" so much as it is the availability (or lack thereof) of the writers / directors / Matt Groening to do the commentary tracks. Fox's special bare-bones Season 20 release showed (a) that they could release more than one season at a time if they really cut corners, and (b) nobody is particularly interested in a bare-bones season release.

We don't know that.

IIRC, the Simpsons 20th anniversary/season release was done so Fox could have bluray product out there for the 20th anniversary.

On top of that, who really cares about commentaries and bonus features? With the exception of a small, small amount of dedicated hardcore fans, does anyone care about them? Not really. And while they're nice to have, it would be even nicer to have the episodes out there.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have looked at the calendar for the next few months and it does have some interesting releases. I have S5-mannix and S6/V2 for melrose place and that is it in my cart. I did order some shows from a site to check out the quality as they are shows that i am looking to add to my collection. I would love to see more adam-12 as there is only like S6/S7 to come out. I am not interested in Spin City S5/S6 as charlie sheen replaced mike j fox and it was not the same. The HB cartoons have only spike my interest for shows like the herculoids, valley of the dinosaurs.

I am quite happy with my collection as i have 71 completed shows, including several mini series in my collection. There is only a few i like to add to my collection. I only watch about 2hrs of tv and that is it. Some of my purchases are shows that i was either too young and/or did not see when i was a kid. So, these aforementioned shows are like watching it the first time. I really hope they package The Fugitive into S1-S4 sets as i like to pick this up along with mission impossible.

I am doubting that 2011 will be memorable year for releases as it is shaping up to be a poor year for releases.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
2011 has *already* been memorable from my standpoint. Four classic titles finished (Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea, The Fugitive, Dragnet, Emergency!) one show that will be finished in August that 12 months ago was stalled out at one of six seasons for five years (McMillan And Wife), the first-time release of the longest-running show to debut in the 1960s that had no DVD representation (The FBI) one long-running title that will almost be done or finished when the year is over (Hawaii Five-O) and getting past the halfway mark for two more long-running shows (Mannix and in all likelihood Ironside), add to that the debut of one of the few remaining unreleased classic 60s sitcoms on DVD (Car 54) and what you get in toto is anything but unmemorable from my standpoint.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am glad to see some of you have been happy with the releases. I am glad that Voyage to the bottom of Sea (S4-V2) was released along with the following:

1. Emergency! Greatest Rescues

2. HB - Valley of the dinosaurs, speed buggy, jabbejaw, herculoids)

3. Melrose Place (S6 - V2/V1)

I was hoping to see the following shows completed this year:

1. Adam-12 (s6/s7)

2. Hawaii Five-O (s11/S12)

I am more frustrated to why the final season of the following are not released:

1. Night Gallery

2. SWAT

3. Charlie's Angels

4. White Shadow

5. Baa Baa Black Sheep

6. Wait till your father gets home

i have used this year to get some deals on shows like man from uncle, seinfeld, etc. I am close to having the shows that i wanted and that is my main focal point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks