What's new

Slow drivers in the left lane beware..... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Thank goodness. I am not expecting people to speed. But, I have seen people do 50 in 65mph zone and refuse to go to the right lane and cause all types of backups.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
This was a big problem here in Denver up until they passed the new laws. Going from being a cow town to a bigger city, the traffic pissed some of the natives off. So they would drive slow in the left lane to piss off the 'newcomers' (or 'Californians' if you prefer to be specific.) Lots of road rage, lots of slow traffic, some very pissed off motorists.

I haven't seen any of this happening in the last six months after they started pulling people over for it. Finally, some common sense on the roads.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I've really never noticed it Joe. Maybe it's a difference of living down south, I do notice north of say arapahoe the asshole factor goes up on I25 :D

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
As far as I know that has always been the case here in Mass. My friend got nailed because he didn't move out of the way of a State Trooper who wanted to pass but instead dropped to the speed limit. I was screaming at him to change lanes but he ddn't believe me.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I noticed it on 36 to/from work. Since I changed jobs and commute 287 I haven't seen any of it since. Of course, anyone not going 60 MPH in the right lane on 287 risks getting run off the road Mad Max style. Hehe...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you're not doing 70 mph on I-285 in Atlanta, you definitely run the risk of getting run over, even though the posted speed limit is 55 mph.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

mostly I just run from castle rock up to lincoln on 25, traffic down here rolls about 70-75 even in the 75 zone most days it seems. I think it's because that corridor is SO FREAKING OVER PATROLLED! For a year or better every day there would be at least 2-3 state patrol cars running radar, usually sitting at the surrey ridge exit. Literally maybe 5 times that whole year I drove that stretch of road without seeing at least one car. Just ridiculous.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Coming from Europe, this is something that has pissed me off the whole time. In Europe if someone doesn't yield, that is usually because they didn't notice you coming. Simple flash on the high beams would make them move over in haste. In here it is either ignored or not even noticed, and some of these people really do not notice it since they don't pay any attention to others on the road.

On the autobahn, you don't go in the left lane unless you're traveling at high speeds yourself and even then you yield for faster traffic in the instant you spot them coming from a distance. On the Texas roads it wouldn't be possible to get to those speeds for several reasons; driving culture, bad roads and the vehicle base. The average american vehicle with its soft suspension setup would not be a good fit for autobahn speeds, not to speak of the old smokers that aren't even safe for 55mph.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale

I think your friend probably got nailed for not yielding to an emergency vehicle, not just for staying in the passing lane.

I have been told by truckers and RCMP that they actually like it when the truckers stay in the left lane if they are doing the speed limit. that way it is easier for the mounties to spot the speeding jackasses that almost always then pass on the right...which is also illegal.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, at least we don't have to worry about this in CA. There is no fast lane here. Everyone is either speeding or parked on the freeways.

Last week I got a speeding ticket for doing 75 in a 65. I was in the #2 lane going with the flow of traffic, not passing anyone, yet I was being passed by cars in the #1 lane. I told the cop that this ticket is bullshit. His response, you’re still speeding even though you were going with the flow.

I then told him if I did 65 I would be shot at. His response, well, everyone needs an excuse to speed. Something I sure his fat-ass does every day.

Oh, and his final comment. "Oh, I didn't pick on you because your in this high-profile Suburban. Right there, he must be an SUV hater or just jealous. What a fuck-stick!

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I hope this trend spreads so the natural flow of traffic won't always be clogged up by these morons.

Rob

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

No, he got nailed for driving in the passing lane. I was with him and the trooper said all my friend has to do was change lanes. In Mass, big trucks are not permitted to drive in the left passing lane.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The law didn't get passed in Florida.

It passed, but Jeb vetoed it. Same net effect, though. Even if it became law, I didn't expect it to be enforced.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Speaking of speed limits - seems like the posted maximum speeds should be updated. What do you feel would be the best min/max speeds for driving these days?

I would suggest: 65 MIN / 85 MAX

- Colton

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I think a 75 MPH limit on limited access interstates
would be fine, and safe enough for drivers with some
common sense. People should get their asses pulled over
for doing the speed limit or slower in the left hand
lanes. That is clueless and rude driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks