What's new

Sloan's "Action Pact" - coming to U.S.? (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I was disappointed when I made the rounds this afternoon to pick up the new Sloan album that their site says streets today, learning that apparently no U.S. release date is on the horizon. I haven't found any information noting when, if at all, the CD will come out domestically, but do any of you more knowledgable folks know anything along those lines? If not, what's a reasonably priced source to use to import the disc?

Thanks!

FrankHW

Agent
Sloan has had chronic problems finding a U.S. label willing to take them on and bankroll a publicity campaign. Despite the fact that they're one of the most successful Canadian bands, they left a bad taste in American record executives' mouths when they refused to change their sound for Geffen. I've heard a recent interview in which the lead guitarist said they haven't decided whether to keep trying, go with an indie label, or just distribute the album themselves.

BTW, the new album is another winner, although it's short (under 45 minutes) and sounds like it was recorded with Fisher Price equipment...everything is muted to all hell. Still a great listen from beginning to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks