Sloan's "Action Pact" - coming to U.S.?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Adam Tyner, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I was disappointed when I made the rounds this afternoon to pick up the new Sloan album that their site says streets today, learning that apparently no U.S. release date is on the horizon. I haven't found any information noting when, if at all, the CD will come out domestically, but do any of you more knowledgable folks know anything along those lines? If not, what's a reasonably priced source to use to import the disc?

Thanks!

2. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

Sloan has a new album?
    I shall be checking that out!

-JNS

3. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

4. FrankHW

FrankHW Agent

Sloan has had chronic problems finding a U.S. label willing to take them on and bankroll a publicity campaign. Despite the fact that they're one of the most successful Canadian bands, they left a bad taste in American record executives' mouths when they refused to change their sound for Geffen. I've heard a recent interview in which the lead guitarist said they haven't decided whether to keep trying, go with an indie label, or just distribute the album themselves.

BTW, the new album is another winner, although it's short (under 45 minutes) and sounds like it was recorded with Fisher Price equipment...everything is muted to all hell. Still a great listen from beginning to end.

5. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

$21.49 at Siren Disc