What's new

Slither, interesting. (1 Viewer)

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Wow. That looks incredibly gross. Thanks for posting the link. I have a soft spot in my heart for these kind of films. A couple shots in this trailer reminded me of a few shots in Gozu by Takashi Miike.

Cheers,

Jason

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Based on the review, this movie could have been avoided if the wife would have given him a piece of ass as requested.

Based on that review and the brief synopsis, rental to me.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Now we have another recent film that practically erases memories of an earlier film with the same title - in this case the quirky, funny and completely unique SLITHER of 1973 with James Caan, Peter Boyle and Sally Kellerman. I really resent this business of giving totally different films a title that is exactly the same as something from the past. There is nothing legally wrong with it - it just seems cheap and tawdry and unimaginative.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

While I understand what you mean about not captalizing on another film, I do not really agree with the idea that two films can not share the same name. You even say they are from different eras/time - I highly doubt people will forget James Caan version, and I am not even talking about the quality of this one - that is a whole other story. :)

Look at "Millions" - there are at least three different films sharing that title, each within about 10 years or so - Richard Pryor, Billy Zane, and Danny Boyle's. I just do not think that a title should make the film.

Ryan

RyanJM

Grip
This movie was hilariously good. 9/10

I saw this with my brother and a few friends at our local megaplex that gets a lot of college/grad students (us being some of them), and everyone there seemed to really enjoy this movie including my group.

The dialogue is some of the sharpest, funniest stuff I've heard in a long time. The plot moved at a great pace, and the gore was well done and appropriate. There are a TON of memorable lines and scenes which I won't spoil for anyone, but I highly recommend this movie.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Was a very entertaining movie, a throwback to the 80's horror. Lots of nice gore bits, liked the split in half scene :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm positive that this one is going to be a cult classic within 5 years. I went to see it mostly because I'm a fan of Nathan Fillion from Firefly/Serenity, and because I like these sort of over-the-top horror/comedies. I haven't had more fun at the theater this year so far. In terms of tone, this reminded me a lot of Killer Klowns from Outer Space for some reason.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I agree. I saw this last weekend and I had a great time. Lots of gore, zombies, hilarious lines and the actors did a very good job with what they had to work with.

I just love this type of movies.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I remember seeing the first TV spot which highlighted the aliens, slugs and zombies and I thought to myself "does the prologue involve a serial killer?"
Not sure if I'm gonna see this in the theater or wait for the DVD yet.

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Taking its opening box office into consideration, if you dont see it in theaters soon, the choice will be made for you.
;)

henry stobbe

Auditioning
The trailer reminds me of growing up with films the likes of From Beyond and such.

I will see this film.

Henry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks