Slimline Receiver Needed?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by reem01, Mar 2, 2012.

1. reem01

reem01 Auditioning

I am looking to replace my 12 year old Yamaha receiver with something a little more recent. My wife likes a TV stand that has places for some components, but the space is limited. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80176298/ The front opening for the 3 spaces is 4 1/4" but the inside height is 6 1/4". That does not give a lot of space around the unit for airflow and I am concerned that if I go with a new Yamaha RX-V471 or RX-V371, that I could cause damage to it. Yamaha says the unit is 6" in height, leaving 1/4" of space above, and the front cutting off some of the receiver, which concerns me that i may lose or have issues with the remote. I know Marantz makes a slimline model the NR1402, but not sure I want to spend that much. I have not been able to locate in my limited searching another receiver that is shorter in length. Would you have any recommendations? Appreciate any assistance. Mike

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Ac4l.com sells refurbished Marantz receivers like the 1402 but they are currently out of stock. Check back as their stock is constantly changing and replenished. http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARNR1402/MARANTZ-NR1402-Home-Theater-Receiver-w/3D-ready-HDMI-Switching/1.html Also, Pioneer receivers run very, very cool compared to other receivers. But whichever you buy, if you plan on sticking it in that small space you should try and get some kind of ventilation to it.

3. reem01

reem01 Auditioning

Thank you for your quick reply. I will check that site regularly to see if/when it comes back in stock. I have had refurbished equipment in the past with no issues. I will also see what I can do for extremely quiet ventilation in that space.