Skip ahead problem with Kenwood MP532U?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Patrick Sun, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I recently got a Kenwood MP532U, and every now and then I've noticed that for MP3 playback from CD-R, a track will be playing but after 5 or so minutes of that track, it'll just skip to the next track. I try to get it to repeat the problem, but it's elusive in its repeatability, but it does show up sporadically. Is this CD-reading issue, or just a defective unit?

2. Chad_K

Chad_K Extra

That is probably just a glitch in the unit. I would try doing a system reset. This will wipe out all of your settings so make sure and notate the settings before you reset. In the owners manual it will show you where the reset button is. Usually is on or behind the face plate.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I guess a reset is worth a shot. All I have programmed are a few radio station presets, so that's easy to recover after a reset.

4. danagin

danagin Auditioning

I can't get mp3s to play off of a thumb drive with that thing. Was there some kind of software in the box you need to use on the thumb drive to make it play? I believe my wife may have thrown such a thing away. I'm trying a sandisk cruizer mini... please let me know. Thanks

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I just picked up a 2GB PQI USB memory stick, and it plays MP3s just fine from it. I didn't have to do anything extra, except select it (USB) as the source to play from.