What's new

Size of the Gamecube (1 Viewer)

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Guys, check this thread out over at the IGN message boards:
Link Removed
Some guy with an import has been posting pics of his GC compared to various everyday items. It's a great little thread and gives you a good sense of the size of the thing. Make sure to look at all the pages of the thread since he posted different pictures several times throughout.
Aaron

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
WOW.
Talk about ultra-tiny! Definately a road trip-worthy system. :) I can't believe the game discs are even smaller than floppy disks.
One comment about his "backyard" picture... I would never want to bring my Gamegube even close to a yard with that poor upkeep!
wink.gif
Maybe he should've put it on his front door step instead...

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
LOL! Yea...that pic is funny.
Aaron
[Edited last by Aaron Copeland on September 28, 2001 at 11:30 PM]

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I saw the box at an import store yesterday. It was frickin tiny. Didn't have a system set up though
frown.gif

------------------

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The GCN also has that handle on it because Nintendo wanted to give it that "so small you can take it anywhere" feel. Has anyone else seen the boxes that it comes in? TINY!

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link, Aaron!
I think I'm actually becoming physically attracted to this thing. After all, I like them petite and... indigo?
biggrin.gif

------------------
[ http://ugo.scarlata.it/?pid=about&cid=3

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator
I would take indigo over black or orange any day...
wink.gif

Keep in mind that America gets indigo, black, and orange for the launch.
Where on earth did you hear that orange would be available at launch?? So far I've only heard that orange GameCubes would be available at a later date in North America...
Cheers.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading that orange and black will be available for the American launch and then soon after will be available in Japan. Black I'm sure of, and I'm pretty sure I read that "spice" would be out.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Jet Black and Indigo are the two launch colors.
I'm sure we'll eventually see a Spice-colored Gamecube, probably sometime next year, but it won't be at launch.
There is a Spice-colored controller due out at launch, though. . .
-mwb-
------------------
Obi-Wan (to Anakin):
Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
May 22, 2002

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I don't about the rest of you...but who really wants a gaudy orange "cube" in their entertainment center? I sure don't. I'll be sticking with black.
Aaron

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Aaron-
I agree. Orange is a strange color, but some people will go for it.
You're right, it was the controller and not the console itself that would launch in orange. The console comes out in orange in Japan in November, so it will probably be here around Christmas.
If you can't get black or indigo, people will go for orange and then just trade it with someone who has black or indigo.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I've seen a real gamecube, not in action, but i've seen the actual one at an import game shop...
the thing is tiny!!! Its like 5x5x5 inches! The width is almost as wide as a normal sized CD... or if you glued 6 CDs together to form a cube... it looks real nice...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, its dimensions are closer to 4x4x6, and you can probably find the exact dimensions somewhere.
The controller is around the size of the console's width, which is smaller than the width of a GBA I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks