What's new

Six Feet Under 8/29/04 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Another great episode. I wasn't expecting Nate to give up the information regarding Lisa's burial so easily. I'm not too happy on the whole "custody battle" story-line, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. George was funny sinking his teeth into the bunker project, and it was good to see Federico pushing his way into Vanessa's life. What he did was wrong (with the stripper), but Vanessa is being a real bitch. The Russell/Claire thing was relatively predictable, but I'm with Russell...even if it wasn't wholly his idea, he certainly deserves some credit.

The preview for the next episode looks great. I hope this won't be the last episode of the show. I did notice that they called it the season finale rather than series finale, so hopefully that bodes well.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
What the hell was Nate thinking giving up that information so easily?

I thought it was a good episode and have been generally pleased with the entire season.

AlexanderS

Second Unit
What would his motivation have been?

Anyone else think David is going to kill his abuser somehow?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I was thinking that, but I don't think it will happen.

I'm definitely liking Nate investigating who killed Lisa from the preview. I always thought it seemed like too much of a loose end.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
They closed up the storylines regarding Lisa's burial and David's lawsuit very quickly, didn't they. I thought one of the storylines would be carried over to the next episode.

Interesting theory about Lisa's death.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
It could also be the man from the couple who went camping with them last season. That said, I wouldn't be suprised if it was Billy.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm not certain Lisa's burial really is done with. One, the burial itself could continue and to be an issue. Secodly it was the springboard to the custody battle.

I agree with the lawsuit storyline. You would at least expect the victim to want the medical bills covered.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I have the same reaction Nate has - WHAT custody battle? He's the father, he's not a dead beat. His lie about Lisa's ashes has no legal bearing on custody.

I do like the Billy angle...ewwwwwww.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I've said it before but, someone killed lisa. It was either Brenda, Billy, their Mom or maybe Nate himself. He is kind of nuts.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
For one of the few times this season, the death scene at the beginning of the episode had some real resonance. The guy losing his entire family was just brutal and was a perfect metaphor for Nate's (potential) situation. Nate stands to lose both his daughter (the most important person in his life) and his fledgling relationship with Brenda. From a purely legal/realistic standpoint, Barb's case would hinge on proving that Nate was somehow culpable in Lisa's death. Considering the strictures of the SFU universe, does anyone think Nate would do something like that?

George is becoming one of my favorite characters on the show. Say what you want about his Cassandra-like antics, he is amusing. Anyone think the Fishers will have occasion to use the bunker? We know that George is neurotic so, I suspect, fortifying the bunker might serve some future story line. Brenda's mom is always amusing as well. What a wonderful collection of second-tier characters on this show.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
he may not be a dead-beat, but those circumstances are truly disturbing.

1. wife mysteriously dies
2. he *illegally* buries her in the middle of the desert
3. he admits he was high at the time
4. he brings brenda to the ash ceremony thing

believe me, if i was in cps, and i saw those bullet points, i would sure as hell check into it. especially point #2 ... i mean, wtf?

why in the world would billy kill lisa? for brenda???

russell is definitely getting the shaft. although he may not have finalized the concept, he was certainly involved in it's inception. hell, all claire has to do is give him some acknowledgement. she's smokin' way too much pot anyway.

i *totally* saw how david & keith were gonna get out of it. i *loved* how keith put his arm around dave as they left that guy's house. :emoji_thumbsup:

george is a pita...i don't like him.

finally, does federico have any legal standing here? yeah, he cheated, etc...but, afaik, vanessa hasn't formally filed anything? i think he's being whipped around needlessly...at least for now.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Add one more: his business commits an act of burial fraud, a felony, by presenting false goods.. ask Service Corp. International about how that works out. Yeah, all things considered, I think they could find someone in CPS to make his life hell for a good while.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

Can anyone remember if Lisa goes missing before or after Billy tries to kiss Brenda?

I'm thinking if it's after, maybe he did it to try and atone for his mistake. Just a thought...

I have to say my viewing group saw this potential custody thing coming since last episode of Season 3. A little predictable, but we'll see where it goes.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I think Nate will start investigating the murdor, however all clues will eventually come back to him and we will find out he is the real killer...

I mean, come on, there has to be some weird wacked out ending to the series...

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

...and Louis Cyphre put him up to it. Seriously, why would they want to end the show that way? Seems like a silly noir convention and this show has been anything but conventional. (Slight qualification: at its best, this show has been anything but conventional).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks