What's new

Six Feet Under - 4/27/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I loved it when Lisa was so busted by Brenda at the artshow.

I was really holding out hope that Nate would have the guts to kick Lisa to the curb.

I think you could practically play the "Olivier Number" game (like you would with the "Kevin Bacon number" game in terms of who he's banged.

Loved how they showed Olivier's hypocrisy in terms of pricing art pieces (after Claire was bothering him with questions of pricing her photograph too cheaply, and he goes off on some rant, and then the camera veers to the $30,000 asking price for one of Olivier's works).

Brenda seems like she's on depressant medication. All the fire in her eyes has been extinguished. Billy is also sort of subdued too.

Keith and David are headed for a big bump in their relationship with this gradual introduction of the third kickstand into their sex lives.

Arthur is just bizarre, and seeing him and Ruth on the bed is doubly so.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Pat, everyone on the show seems to have lost thier fire, the show just seems so drained of everything that made it good the last two years, can't put my finger on it. I Like Authur and Ruth thou.

John_VI

Second Unit
I agree Patrick, seeing Arthur and Ruth on the bed was...well....EEEWWWWWWW!! My wife said, "They'd better not show a sex scene between these two. That would be MUCH worse than seeing Keith and David in a major lip-lock!!"

We'll see how far Nate and Lisa's "new" relationship goes before it, too, crumbles. So, if they are going to be friends who have sex and also have a baby together, does that mean that Nate can start rolling w/Brenda again??

The scene between Brenda and Lisa in the bathroom was very good. Lisa finally came to realize that she was fighting so hard to hold onto something that she never had.

Next week's ep with Vanessa having an adverse reaction to the unprescribed drug ought to be interesting. And where is this whole Ruth/Arthur thing leading? (PLEASE GOD, not to bed!).

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I agree Patrick, seeing Arthur and Ruth on the bed was...well....EEEWWWWWWW!!
To say the least.
It's funny that I have this reaction to a boy-girl relationship (even if it is seperated by what 50 yrs?) and the whole gay relationship seems to be ho-hum.

Maybe it's just this show.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I feel so tense when the Arthur/Ruth thing happens.

Who else thinks that Nate/Lisa, David/Keith, Claire/Boy, are going to break up, but Nate/Brenda and Ruth/Arthur, Boy/Olivia will get together?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, pretty interesting episode. not sure what the message was for this one...kept feeling like it was right there on the surface but i couldn't catch it.

loved the part where brenda catches mom and olivier and he was like, "sorry...couldn't stop in time". :D

i thought for sure nate was gonna finally ace lisa...damn! however the previews look like their plan isn't gonna quite work.

btw - i missed last week's thread but who still thinks russel is hiding behind the closet?

[edit] i think ruth and arther are perfect for eachother. i hope at least that one pans out...they're probably my favorite couple right now. :eek:

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Brenda's mom was not with Olivier, it was another artist who was at the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was definitely Brenda's mom getting it from behind by Olivier. From the dialogue, Brenda's youth was sprinkled with these parental indiscretions by her mother.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
...where is this whole Ruth/Arthur thing leading? (PLEASE GOD, not to bed!).
I got the impression that they did get after it, fully clothed. Why wouldn't Arthur make love with a vest on?

Their foreplay just kills me, last time they were getting close he pretended he was a kitten. This time they started bumping each other like flirting eight year olds.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
At the end of this episode I wonder if the comment that "it doesn't end where you think it's going to end" refers to Nate and Lisa staying together. Their relationship could work. It looks like they are headed for a "new age" type relationship/marriage with Brenda sticking around. Weirder things have happenned.

Ruth and Arthur are cute, but it's uncomfortable watching them together. This speaks to the talent of the writers and the actors. I think we're MEANT to be uncomfortable with their relationship. They surely are.

I am astounded that Claire's boyfriend slept with Olivier. I'm a little dissapointed in him. Olivier is a sleazeball. I hope he gets his due.

That would be MUCH worse than seeing Keith and David in a major lip-lock!!"
That sounds fairly hot. However, I hope any David action from here on out happens without Keith present. I think their relationship has played out. David needs to move on.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I am astounded that Claire's boyfriend slept with Olivier.
although i personally agree with you, we don't know that for sure.

assuming he did though, i could probably see where russel is coming from. he appears to be a guy in "flux" about his sexuality, so having an "opportunity" to sleep with another man (even if it is olivier) would probably be something he would do.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Ted, I agree with you. I am not astounded that he would sleep with a man, or that he would hide that from Claire. I'm astounded that it was Olivier. It just shows how much he can manipulate people. He truly is a sleazeball.

I think anyone who uses someone who is questioning their sexuality for sex is vile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks