What's new

Six Feet Under 4.06 - Terror Starts At Home (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, another sunday, and another episode of Six Feet Under.

I missed the episode preview last week (saw the episode last night actually...) but I'm interested to see how David's story is going to change as a result of this.

Wondering if Keith will leave the tour.

Also, nobody really touched on the other storylines from last week.

I think Ruth's gonna really let George have it.

Interestingly, the 4 photos from "That's My Dog" that hbo.com has up feature Brenda and Joe on a bed together, in 2 of them.

If I recall, he didn't appear in last week's episode.

A missing scene perhaps? Or just a flub?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
This episode should be subtitled "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in". The first half was lame, the second half was interesting. On a whole the episode was a bit mediocre. Next week looks more interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For me, the best episode of season 4.

The scene between David and Clare was pitch perfect, and then the "He'd do it for you" scene, and then the quick scene where Nate stands by David's side, showing him that he's got his back, all mighty fine scenes.

James Crowmell's delivery of the "They ask too many F-in questions" line made me laugh for quite a few minutes. Damn, funny stuff.

Rico's gonna be six feet under in his marriage soon...

Clare on drugs at the birthday dinner was amusing.

So Brenda's finally come back to her senses, after almost jumping off the cliff of domesticity. Interesting...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was really good too. So many good moments, and the stories are developing nicely.

Happy to see Brenda and Nate... even if it doesn't last, though I hope it does.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree with Pat. Overall, the best episode of the season. Quite a few good moments.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I wodner, what are the odds that Joe knocked up Brenda before Brenda came to her senses and went back to Nate? Now was the only "soap opera-ish" point that had me rolling my eyes.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

I you see a preview with Nate shouting "Whose baby is it?!" you know we're in trouble with it. I think it's a bit too obvious to do. Also, why is everyone so up on Nate and Brenda getting back together. I mean, it seemed like Brenda was in a working, committed relationship again and made it self-destruct, again. Why would things be any different with Nate (again)?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nate and Brenda have incredible chemistry, even if they aren't "right" for each other, each one sort of accepts the other as-is, without pretense.

BTW, anyone else catch Frances Conroy (Ruth) plugging the "Catwoman" movie at the birthday dinner? *Chuckle* (Yes, Frances has a part in the Catwoman movie that opened this past weekend).

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ugh, I admit, having Brenda go back to Nate was pretty much exactly what I did -not- want. It felt contrived and unrealistic, and I really thought it blew apart an interesting (positive) story.

I would have found it more interesting if she could have just said to him "you're too late, I've moved on.."

This season has been back-and-forth for me on what I think of it.. some of the plot interesting, some not so. But the thing with Nate.. talking dogs, belief his wife is still alive, and then this turn.. ugh, it's like Brenda can't stay away from those who are uber-messed up, rather then stay in a pretty functional relationship.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As much as I never cared for the Brenda character, I'm actually glad she and Nate are back...only because I couldn't take much more of the whole Brenda/Neighbor storyline. It seemed like nothing more than filler and that guy was annoying. It's been the only part of the season I haven't enjoyed.

I really hope they don't go the "Brenda got pregnant before getting back with Nate" route.

I'm also glad it seems they're not overplaying the after effects of David's run-in with the psycho.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Joe and Brenda didn't have any chemistry, and Brenda was right in that she CAN'T be a typical house-wife/soccer-mom. She's got too many layers, and it's not what she's after. They may have rocky patches, but she and Nate DO get along very well, and they work together. I think a more free lifestyle, combined with her new sense of direction would make a lot more sense for her character than a complete 180, something she was trying to pull with Joe.

I have a feeling what we'll get is a worried Brenda who is scared that she's pregnant because it truly will be a mistake/trap for her.

Also, considering how these episodes usually go, they tend to skip like 3-4 weeks in between, last night being an exception with 4 days. But Brenda would know, theoretically, in like the next 4 episodes if she were pregnant.

Claire and Mena actually have great chemistry too, but part of me wonders what exactly they're going to do with that story. I'm expecting Claire will once again get too invested in someone, only to have them pull away after being interested in just a few good times...

Highly anticipating the return of Ruth's sister next week.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Surprised that Claire has not hooked up with one of those Chicks in a love scene ala Keith and David. Was waiting to see her and that chick on the lawn get it on... :b

That Skull "open trunk" scene was wild too!!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think we're setting the seeds. Did you see how they were looking at each other? ;)

Also, "It smells like sex in here." Ew.

The three-way on Claire's bed was just horrible, that is so wrong. I do hope she washes the sheets... *shudders*

Still, nothing will EVER match the Brenda/Old Couple three way from season 2... that was easily the most disturbing thing I've seen on this show... and it wasn't even on camera...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

That was too subtle for me, I guess. I just assumed it was just part of the conversation when others were talking about Nate's job at the dog place.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

It was Claire who suggested to Ruth she should "totally get a cat."

one of the best lines of the night

"Now its just the women and people of color clearing the table" - Claire. (may not be verbatim, but close)

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

Yeah.... except that Brenda felt smothered, depressed, restless, and didn't want to have sex with him. (Mark is working his way through season 2 again) Fact is, Brenda's never shown herself to be a one-man woman, and while people can certainly change (see all of Six Feet Under for evidence that the writers realise this), they do tend to fall into certain behavioural patterns, such as Brenda falling into the pattern of being a borderline personality after imitating one for the sake of the psychiatrists who studied her when she was young.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's what I mean. she was restless before, but maybe she will be able to settle a little bit with nate, but still maintain a little of her wild former self, unlike what she was trying with Joe... which was a complete turnaround.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I was actually cheering when Nate showed up to help David at the wake. Now he's going to have to shoulder the load as David and Rico deal with their shit.

I can't believe how fast Vanessa fell for Rico's story of charity hook, line and sinker.

Claire at dinner being high was funny as hell. I was laughing throughout the whole thing. No points for guessing who figured out she was high first.

Claire and Edie getting it on? Oh yeah. :)

Anyone else notice the slight overhaul on this site. Check out the New Thread and Post Reply buttons to see what I mean. Did I miss an announcement?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks