Sitcoms with 2 or more full seasons that are not on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Neil Brock, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Guest

you again

2. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

It's surprising nothing has been done regarding Topper, especially when you consider the fact that the one of the show's writers was none other than Stephen Sondheim! Aside from the two PD discs from Alpha Video, nothing else has come out. Someone must know who owns the series. Perhaps it is a rights issue that's preventing the 78 filmed shows from being remastered and released- who controls the Thorne Smith estate?

3. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

The series is actually owned by an advertising agency, although the name eludes me at the moment and I don't have my paperwork handy right now to look it up. A few years ago, when all of the independents were dying for properties to release, I believe the agency was contacted about it but since they are not really in that business, they were afraid to get involved in a deal as they didn't have anyone there who knew for sure that they owned the show, even though LOC lists them as the copyright holder! And, if I recall correctly, they didn't have the full run of 78 shows. I think they were missing around 10 or so.

4. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    Came across this thread and saw To Rome With Love listed and it reminded me of something I've noticed before in a few filmographies. There seems to have been a My Three Sons crossover in one episode of this show.

Does anyone remember it? Wondering what the gist of it was. I've seen an episode or two of this show, but I've never tracked down this particular episode.

5. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

1.The George Carlin Show2.Herman's Head3.Roc

New one on my list: Yes, Dear

6. upperco

upperco Stunt Coordinator

Jackson Upperco
    THE NEW DICK VAN DYKE SHOW (1971-1974, CBS)

7. DisneySwan1990

DisneySwan1990 Stunt Coordinator

Sagalina Hazzan
    I wonder if Phyliss was reran on Comedy Central or Lifetime in the 90s

8. mannix

mannix Stunt Coordinator

tim
    empty nest
    nurses
    archie bunkers place
    teachers only

9. ABaglivi

ABaglivi Stunt Coordinator

Anthony
    LIFE WITH FATHER starring Leon Ames and Lurene Tuttle, which ran from November 1953 until July 1955 on the CBS Television network.[4]The series was the first live color program for network TV to originate in Hollywood.[5]

10. wizard55

wizard55 Stunt Coordinator

I just discovered "Doctor, Doctor" (1989 - 91) via some network promos. It looks like it was pretty funny. And isn't Yes, Dear all out now on DVD?I'm still waiting for the 2nd and Final season of Whitney...just to complete it. :(Update: And Youtube wins again. Sweet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRz1M873Rtk&feature=youtube_gdata_player only this and one other on there.