What's new

Sirius Stiletto SL100-TK1 with WiFi Technology (1 Viewer)

Brent T

Second Unit
The Sirius Stiletto SL100-TK1 receiver for Sirius Satellite Radio is one of the most advanced Sirius Receivers to date, and is expected to be released early September. The SL100-TK1 will have a built-in antenna that allows reception of Sirius signal without the need for an external car or home docking station.

Best of all, this trend setter will have 100 hours of storage capacity and can handle MP3 and WMA files, enabling you to mix Sirius content with your own personal collection. It will also have WyFi capabilities, enabling you to stream Sirius content from internet connection when within a "hot spot."

Included will be an antenna and headphones. The battery life offers 4 hours of live sirius reception, 14 hours of WiFi reception, and 22 hours of stored playback time.

Crutchfield is taking preorders @ 1-888-955-6000

Chris

Senior HTF Member
They are already out. I've already received mine. Very very slick, nothing really compares to it. It's option to get over wifi

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I found somewhere on the internet to get mine. The thing -is- incredible. The WiFi capability is flat out awesome.

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I have to say that although I like the unit overall, the built in satelite antenna is weak. I have a hard time getting reception in my car even with the sun roof open. I know they make a car docking station but I was hoping to be able to use the stiletto in different vehicles. I have to agree that the WiFi reception is excellent. The sound quality is as good as standard satelite reception. Another complaint I have is that the unit looks very fragile. Not that I ever plan to drop it but don't think it would survive any kind of fall. It may be tougher than it looks but for $300+ I wouldn't take the chance.

MRUSA

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Those of you who have the Stiletto, when receiving via Wifi, do you get all the channels or only those available on the internet login service?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I haven't noticed any channel not available on WiFi. Are there channels I should look for?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Only those available via the internet:

All music channels, Howard 100/101, Talk (Stars, OutQ, Patriot, Left - some syndicated content is blacked out), Comedy (Raw Dog, Blue Collar, Laugh Break - again, some content blacked out), Kids Stuff, Football Channel, and Entertainment (Maxim, Cosmo, Martha Stewart and Playboy).

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
I've had my Stiletto since early October, and I am LOVING IT. Overall, it's a fine first live portable by Sirius. I recommend it without reservation to anybody, whether they be a current subscriber or prospective Sirius customer.

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
The WiFi channels available on the Stiletto are:

Music channels: All EXCEPT the Metropolitan Opera channel and the Canadian channels.

Talk Channels: Both Howard channels, Martha Stewart, OutQ

Unfortunately none of the other talk channels are available at this time. The comedy channels are not available either.

I've heard that more channels will be added in the future.

freedombill

Auditioning
Real Name
Billy
anyone try to install an external antenna with monster/antenna/cable/ with dish mount? I have made five trips to try to match up cable ends and still not there yet.

I like the 100 but I have to pre-record stuff because the antenna is weak and do not get good reception anywhere. I need to install a dock in car I guess to pick up the satellite. I installed the dock in home but no reception and am trying to install an external antenna on dish using existing RG6 cable for long runs. Just interested if anyone else has done it and to what end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks