What's new

Sirius out of the blue (1 Viewer)

Charles R

Auditioning
Hi,

Since this is a new area I thought I would post about my new Sirius radio. I recently purchased a PT Cruiser Dream Series II and Chrysler was nice enough to equip the car with a Sirius radio and even include one year of service.

Once I drove the car home it took about 10 minutes to activate the radio and I was ready to roll. Customer service was very nice and easy to get a hold of (the phone number was displayed on the radio).

The PT doesn't have the best audio speakers by far but to my ears Sirius sounds as good as CDs and much better than FM. What I really like is the variety of music and talk. I find myself listening to a lot of Jazz which I would never typically buy since I know nothing about it.

If I want to cruise there is the 50's station, along with ESPN and such for sports. Not to mention a ton of talk stations or streams as they like to call them. It is very nice having one hundred streams of variety and being able to access them instantly.

Now would I have purchased the radio if it wasn't included? No. And would I have activated the service if it wasn't free? Maybe. But like most things now that I'm used to it it will be rather hard not to renew once the year is up.

Charles

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Sirius Radio is great. I actually purchased a new radio deck and Sirius installation package for my Intrepid.

I have had the service for 13 months now and it would be irritating to travel on long road trips without it. The sound quality is top notch and the programming is great. And remember NO COMMERICIALS!!!!

I also listen to Sirius from my home pc via a wireless connection to my home HT. I simply go to sirius.com and login with my subscriber info and I have all of the music channels at my disposal in my home without having to purchase another receiver or pay another subscription fee.

What I also like about Sirius is that they actually listen to their customers. When I first got the service I was excited about it and maybe not so objective. After a few weeks I tired of the playlists and thought felt that I might as well have been listening to FM. I called and emailed them a couple of times and they actually responded to me. A few days later I got a call with service rep that surveyed me for my feelings about the service.

Based on my responses I got 2 free months and GUESS WHAT!!!

About six weeks later Sirius did a major over haul of its programing, playlists and some of its stations. This has happened twice since I have been a subscriber. This demonstrates to me that Sirius is serious about pleasing their customers.

Based on my experiences I even bought some Sirius stock. It is a penny stock right now but I have seen over a 30% return on it and I am not worried about it for the long haul.

Anyway, anyone interested Sirius will not be dissapointed.

djb

E

Eric Kahn

I got Sirius right after it was availible in my area, I had to buy all the Equipment at full price and I am glad I have it.
NO COMERCIALS, and no more stupid idiotic morning shows hosted by crude people who think they are funny
If I won a billion dollars in a lottery, I would use it all to buy out clear channel just for the privilige of firing Bob and Tom, it would be worth it

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Thanks for the comments. I'm currently interested in Sirius because of their NPR channel. Living in the hills as I do, I get spotty coverage.

One of my major concerns with Sirius is that they don't seem to have the expanded line of receivers as XM does. I guess it may be that their product line isn't as mature, but I'd sure like to be able to have the same quality that I get in my car available in my home. Nice to know that you can log onto their website, at least. I'm going to have to start thinking more about subscribing.

Bruce

Charles R

Auditioning
"If I won a billion dollars in a lottery, I would use it all to buy out clear channel just for the privilige of firing Bob and Tom, it would be worth it"

I won't debate if they are entertaining or not (I don't listen to them much myself) but I have to say that Bob and Tom are from here (Indianapolis) and have given millions of dollars to charity via their albums.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Kenwood is supposed to be releasing a SkyFi-like product in the very near future:

Here2Anywhere

I've been told their car unit is probably the best on the market.

Jason

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently interested in Sirius because of their NPR channel.
From what I've heard, the NPR stations on Sirius do not carry popular NPR fare like "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered." If these are important to you, you may want to do some more research before buying.

Andy

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Jason,

Thanks for that link! Now I can really get excited, and start pacing the floors waiting for that to release.

Bruce
(former resident of Fairfax, who remembers when Burke was a small town)

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that link! Now I can really get excited, and start pacing the floors waiting for that to release.
I've also been waiting for a Sirius home unit. I've used XM for awhile but I wanted Sirius for the commercial free music channels. Excellent.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
From what I've heard, the NPR stations on Sirius do not carry popular NPR fare like "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered." If these are important to you, you may want to do some more research before buying.
There are two NPR stations. One is called NPR Now and the other NPR Talk. Both Morning Edition and All Things Considered are aired on NPR Now.

djb

Josh J

Auditioning
I had a Kenwoood receiver that was hooked up to Sirius in the car I just sold. I was nice enough to keep it in there for the next owner. I really do miss the Sirius service and I'm eagerly awaiting to get another receiver for it. My concern has always been that they are smaller than XM and I'm afraid they will go belly up one day, and then all that money I spent will have been wasted. I hope not at least.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks