Sirius installation in Infiniti G35 sedan

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by William Griff, Dec 24, 2003.

1. William Griff

William Griff Auditioning

For anyone interested in satelite with a G35. I just installed the factory unit (Grubbs for about $275) in a prewired G35 (March 2003 production). I was dubious about putting the antenna on the roof or trunk. I had read in the 6MT forum for G35 that someone had just put the antenna in the back window on a metal plate (to increase signal, I guess?). Any way, all I did was put velcro hooks on the bottom of the antenna and stick it to the back deck. It works great. Rarely do I loose the signal in South Carolina. I know that this approach will not work with tinted windows, however.

If you want to do this, just feed your antenna wires through the access available behind the reclining seats. Go out the side nearest the center. It's easy to feed through. In the installation I removed the following in this order from the trunk, floor pieces, the top/back panel (one piece, be careful), and the right hand side (the way I did it you can skip this piece and leave it in). The receiver unit fits behind the back panel, but it really doesn't fit there nicely. You can download instructions from several sites on how to do it, but they describe the much more difficult outside installations. My approach is much easier, and the antenna is invisible. I'm not sure though if it works every where else as it does in SC. If you have specific questions you can post them and I will respond by email.

By the way, Sirius is the way to go for sports fans who want variety on the non-music side. I have no problem with Sirius music, but I selected Sirius for the non-music stuff, and the no advert policy.

2. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

If you are worried about the metallic tint blocking the tint, you can always get the new ceramic tints like Huper Optik. They should not interfere with the signal.

3. William Griff

William Griff Auditioning

I've looked at 6MT, which is a pretty good G35 forum, but have not seen the site you mention. Will check it out.