What's new

Single Remote (1 Viewer)

I have a very simple HT setup which I have installed over the last few days. Now I am getting greif from the Domestic Goddess on how to simply control it all and not have to use all the different controllers.

The new receiver is a Pioneer 712 and has the ability to control other devices. The issue is:

My video is a NEC (possibly rebadged LG) and does not appear on the code list sheet for the receiver:frowning:
My analogue Pay TV box is inbranded as it is provided by the cable company
My projector is LG and does not appear on the code list for the receiver :frowning:

The next model up in the Pioneer range is 812 features a programable remote control.

Do you think I should return the 712 and get a 812? (difference approx $140) This would also give me 6.1

OR

Should I go buy a programable remote control?

Suggestions? Comments? Brands and models?

Many thanks

Andrew

What about any budget model programable remotes with learning ability. Something around $50 to $100.

Anyone have any feedback on the RadioShack Kameleon All-for-One remote control?

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Andrew, check this thread here - it just so happens we were discussing it. someone talks about the kameleon 8-in-1 as well (I was going to order it, but thought the battery life would present some hassles in the long run)

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Try the Harmony remotes. First one that my wife and kids have used sucessfully with our HT. The remotes are activity oriented, such as "watch a DVD". There is even a help function...

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks