What's new

single remote speaker for person with hearing aid (1 Viewer)

James77

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Kind of a strange question, but here goes...........

My father is very hard of hearing, and has hearing aids. But he sits about 10-11 feet from the TV, and my mother needs to blare the TV which drives her nuts. Real happy marriage :)

Those TV hearing headphones are not a real option right now. What I was kind of hoping for/picturing was a single speaker right behind his chair, with some type of small manual volume control in line(or at least independently adjustable of the TV volume). His hearing aids are good at picking up close sound and one of its microphones is in the rear. The TV itself has digital audio out, and the Fios STB has optical and RCA(and one other I cannot recall at the moment).

Any ideas on this? It need not be anything fancy....

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Buy any one of the hundreds of "wireless speakers" on Amazon.Connect it to the STB RCA.Just decide if you want one that plugs into the wall...or a rechargeable one to carry around.

GregC

Stunt Coordinator
I had a similar experience. I used computer speakers which already have built-in power and volume/tone controls.

A second option is to use headphones with a volume control on the wire ....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks