What's new

Since the Dreamcast is taking a final bow, I need some game recommendations (1 Viewer)

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
John: Try Target for a DC, a couple in my local area are clearing them out at $55 or so.
Aaron
------------------
Being eaten by a raptor ranks high on my list of inappropriate touching.
- Roger Ebert

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
DC Ep1 Racer is pretty good, I agree, Iain. Still criminal they never decided to convert the Arcade version to a console as it's pure brilliance. I know Ep1 hype is no existent now, but I'd go wild if Sega/LucasArts decided to convert the arcade game to PS2, X-box or Gamecube.
All existing versions of Ep1 Racer on consoles would be SO much better if they actually used the sound effects of the pods in the movie. I have to make the sounds myself when playing. Neawwwww chug, chug, chug, chug chug....
biggrin.gif

Dan (UK)
PS: Brian, don't expect miracles from DC Jedi Power Battles, it's still a rather repetitive title, but the graphics are cleaner then the PS version and the sound is what makes the experience for me. Big fan of the SNES star wars games, like I said, I think of JPB as a sort of 3D version of those.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Dan,
I agree they should have brought the Arcade unit home and with the controller, I would have paid for that!
So what do you want to see in Racer 2? I would love to have it bigger, as in the tracks and everything be bigger in size like the Arcade version.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Huh, I plain forgot a Racer 2 was being done. PS2 right? I'd welcome movie sound effects and the presence of more music but would really like them ot just dump the Wipeout wannabe look and go with the much more realistc in your face design and control system of the arcade game.
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread