What's new

Since I've Been Loving You (1 Viewer)

JordanS

Second Unit
This is probably my favorite Led Zeppelin song with Ten Years Gone and No Quarter (TSRTS).

Does this song rank in your top 5 or 10 by Led Zeppelin? :)

Max F

Second Unit
No, but No Quater is my favorite song.

Overall, Houses of the Holy is my favorite album of all time.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
'In My Time Of Dying' from How 'The West Was Won' DVD is a rare gem.

I still gets chills watching Jimmy feel that guitar.

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
I've always been partial to 'Bring it on Home'. I like 'Tangerene'(sp) also. Of course No Quarter and In MY Time of Dying are also supurb. Addiontionly....damn, I just like 'em all!

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Great song.

Mike Portnoy said that the drum fills near the end of Dream Theater's The Spirit Carries On were inspired after those in SIBLY.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Top 10, definitely. Here are some other faves: Out on the Tiles, When the Levee Breaks, the No Quarter version on the DVD The Song Remains the Same, and Whole Lotta Love from that DVD (or the CD), Achilles Last Stand, Trampled Underfoot, The Wanton Song, Sick Again, heck *all* of Physical Graffiti!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
This is like asking someone to pick a favorite child......

And while I won't try to rank Zep's catalog, I will second the Wanton Song for inclusion on anyone's list of Zep tunes to check out.

Plant and Page opened with that when they toured in '94 (or was it '95???). Clearly the most impressive show opening I have ever seen.

The lights were off, and the band started to play what I thought was going to be Immigrant Song. They stopped dead, paused for a second or two, and tore right into The Wanton Song as the lights came up. Stunning! Goose bumps...tears in the eye...you name it. I never saw Zep in their heyday, but this show was incredible. Breathing the same air as Jimmy and Robert is a memory that will last a life time.

BGL

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Dang, I forgot the Immigrant Song! :)

Long before the official release, I had a bootleg of the show that comprised the bulk of the BBC live CDs. *That* particular version where Jimmy stretches out and does the solo is incredible.

I saw Page/Plant in '98 or so, and they did the Wanton Song then too. They chose a nice selection of stuff. Not just the "popular" stuff.

Obscure pop culture reference: the first side of the 4th album, but not the 2nd side of Physical Graffiti. ?? ;)

Miles

Second Unit
Not to throw things off on a tangent, bu I was just curious what people thought of the Tool cover of "No Quarter"?

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
On the topic of Zep, and covers that are as good as the original, http://www.emusic.com has a promo offer for 50 free AND LEGAL downloads of mp3s. There's an album for free (and legal) called Great Zepelin. It's Great White doing a live show covering Zep. It's a must download.
-Erik

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

I hate to rub this in; but I will anyway. :D I saw them on that tour 3rd row center stage. :D I will always treasure that memory. I know it will never happen again. :frowning:

Fav Zep tunes:
Immigrant Song
Tangerine
Since Ive Been Loving You
Song Remains the Same
Hearbreaker
Sick Again
Wearing and Tearing

Peka J

Agent
Since I've been Loving You has been absolutely one of my favorites since I first got into Zep in the mid-1980's. As others have said, it's impossible to rank Led Zeppelin songs as they have so many great ones. I do find it interesting that not one person (unless I missed it) mentioned Stairway in their list of favorite Zep songs. It confirms my observations over many years that people who really like Zep don't count Stairway among their favorite songs, though it is probably their most widely known songs to the general public.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Stairway to Heaven: Don't like it much because I've heard 5 bazillion times. :)

Rock and Roll is starting to fall into that category for me because of all the stupid Cadillac commercials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks