What's new

Sin City SE to be released just before Christmas (1 Viewer)

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Quote from Paul P: I hope the theatrical version will still be present in the SE.

That's the big question on my mind. Surely the the theatrical cut will be there too. Same goes for the Kill Bill SE's hopefully coming soon.

I'd hate to have to double dip on the barebones discs just to have the theatrical cuts......or even skip the SE's and all the great special features just to have the original cuts.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I too hope the theatrical version is on the SE. I would hate to have to buy the barebones disc in August just for that.

Early Christmas present to myself. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I would be really surprised if the SE doesn't include the theatrical cut, but I'm wondering how this would be presented? I remembr reading that at the time of filming they shot each story complete, and than cut it into the film as seen in theaters. With TYB being bookends to the film, I can't see how seemless branching would work, as it isn't simply adding in the missing parts, it would be re-working how the whole film is configured. could we expect disc 1 being the theatrical cut with special features, and a disc 2 with the complete stories?

I would love the cover art to be a new artwork from Frank Miller.

Depending on what leaks out, I'll probably grab the bare bones disc in aug as a previously viewed. I can usually grab PV titles for about $10, and flip them at pawn shops for $7, so no real loss, as it works out to less than a rental.

Mark_Mc

Agent
I've just seen this movie today, as it was just released in the UK yesterday, and, while being a HUGE Rodriguez fan, I've got mixed feelings about it.

Technically and visually I think it sets a new benchmark for how the latest technology, which many see as too sterile and 'clean' can be used to bring a gritty, true work of art to the screen. I've only recently bought and read the Sin City books, but I was continually awed at how Rodriguez and Miller reproduced the images from the page so faithfully.

The performances were spot on, by turns hard boiled, wise cracking and sassy, just like any great film noir should be.

But... overall the film left me pretty unmoved, and never really set my pulse racing. I for one will be more likely to skip the theatrical version and head straight for the DC.

I'm genuinely interested to see what the directors can achieve without the restraints of time limits and the MPAA. Here's hoping that a few extra minutes of story and character, along with a harder edge (though, admittedly, it's pretty strong stuff to begin with) can succeed where, for me at least, the theatrical cut failed.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that Tarantino was a guest director. I am very curious indeed as which part he directed.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
I got an advertisement for the August DVD at work yesterday and under "Special Features" it only says: "featurette". Lame, lame, lame. If it's movie-only, then it better be super-high bitrate. There's no excuses for the special edition looking better.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
This sounds like an AWESOME SE!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I'll definitely skip the bare-bones release and wait for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks