What's new

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Holy Crap does that packaging suck! People actually get paid alot of money to make decisions like that huh?

I store my DVDs in bookcases and that packaging may make me pass on this set.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
What's weird and sad is that Fox stuck with The X-Files, and released all nine seasons in uniform packaging, even when in the meantime switching to slim cases for all their other new-to-DVD shows, like King of the Hill and Millennium. And The Simpsons also went five seasons in uniform packaging. So I don't understand the sudden shift it a totally another direction with this packaging. And it's not that I don't even like it, it's fine, other than missing a spine, but as others have said, it will look completely out of sync with the preceding seasons. Fox needs to redo the box ASAP, while there's still time.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
U-G-L-Y UGLY.

I can't believe someone was paid to come up with that box. Why on earth do they bother to change the sets after 5 seasons of great looking packages!? I definitely won't be rushing out to get season 6 if this is the case...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I find it hilarious that most people complain about the fold-out packaging and now that it's gone they still complain. I understand they want uniformity (and so do I) but I still find it funny.

This post will be followed by many saying "The new packaging sucks worse than the fold out!"

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, thats one more show off my list to buy. The suck ass package plus season 7 is where the show started its slide into lameness that we suffer today means that - guess what, I'm not going to bother.

Thanks for saving me some cash, Fox!

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh. Another redesigned package taking a turn for the worst. I was hoping to see the full series use the same general packaging, because the entire series will look incredible once its all out if they did that. That's why I made my "hopefully this is what Fox does" picture of what it could look like. See here:

I guess I was right about the color, but this is such a let down. Maybe I should point the execs at Fox over to this image to try to knock some sense into their heads.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
alex, that picture is seriously making me dream about one day having people over and having conversations about our favorite episodes and then being like "oh yeah? the one where bart loses his soul? season 7...right here..."

man, i'm such a dork. haha.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Fox has just sent us the box art for The Simpsons: Season 6, and it's very cool. The DVDs will come inside Homer's head, but don't worry, we've been assured it'll fit on your bookself.

There are plans to release seasons 7-10 in the heads of the other family members, though we don't know what order they will be in. Enjoy the artwork!

[url=http://img283.echo.cx/img283/7387/simpsonss68zu.jpg] [/url]

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

That actually looks eerily like the size of the Triplets of Belleville case, which is too tall for some of my DVD shelves. We'll see in August though!

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
What a joke this. I will still buy the set as I love the show. But I just cant understand why these pillocks @ fox want to change the covers. I cant get my head round it. Why, why, why.

FOX - YOU ARE ALL PRATTS

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont mind the foldout packaging, though I do prefere the slim cases like Wonderfalls and Millennium.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Stephen, I'd appriate if you're going to copy and paste news from TVShowsOnDVD.com at least cite the source and provide a link. We also ask that people not link to the graphics, since it costs us money. I've broken the link by changing the directory of the file.

Gord

Nathan Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
What's funny about this is that season seven is the last one I'm buying, at least for a while. I may eventually get #8 but probably only the others if I find them really cheap and used. So I guess I'll just have two, maybe three of the five heads on my shelf. That's going to look interesting.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
I did not link to the pic Gord. I UL it to another site.

I will post a link / source in future.

No problem.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
UGHHH!!! Is this packaging only for a limited time? Hopefully so I don't have to get this garbage!!! If it isint for a limited time it better have the same type of packaging inside!!! Someone should send a link of this thread to FOX so they don't release it this way.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Now that I think about it, the Simpsons have lalwasy been furutrating for uniformity. Not one of their menus matched the other. All of the interfaces were different (remember the spinning head idea?) and now the packaging changes so radically it won't fit with the other sets.

Seriously, wtf. :angry:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
This looks like complete and utter ass. I agree with earlier posters that this would be great for a Homer best-of compilation, but this completely ruins the uniformity of the set. Couldn't Fox just produce two types of boxes -- one regular and one of these novelty sets -- and let the consumer choose what they want? Unbelievable.

PS - Nice design work, Alex-A-- now THAT's what I want to see!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
It's ugly and stupid and I refuse to buy it. Get the picture, Fox? If you had run this by a test audience -- like many studios do, believe it or not -- you'd have found out that you are going to piss a lot of people off. Seriously, why make a packaging change that will cause a decrease in sales?

I haven't heard one person say "I love this! I'm going to start buying the Simpsons now!" But I've heard several remarks to the contrary.

If Lion's Gate can't get away with superimposing Tori's head on Jesse Spano's body, Fox shouldn't be able to get away with this garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks