What's new

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

My check was also cashed on that very same date (September 2).

So I guess they should be shipping them soon thereafter. But, I get the inkling this "Box Offer" is akin to sending away for the Jonny Quest P.F. Flyer Magic Ring or sending in cereal box tops and a dime to get a paper airplane or sumthin' like that there. :) (Meaning: The proverbial "6 to 10 Weeks" delivery time.)

FOX, however, does tell its consumers on its "Box" website (between well-placed stinging insults :)) that it will take "4 to 6 weeks" for the box to arrive.

I wonder if they'll pack the replacement boxes in careful fashion -- or if they'll toss them in an unpadded paper envelope, which will almost assuredly result in more customer packaging complaints due to bent & banged-up replacement boxes -- which would require a replacement box for the replacement box which is replacing the Homer Head box. :laugh:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Looks like we all got the same email. Which is good, because the longer I look at that slanted Homer head on my shelf, the more I want a regular box.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
So no one actually has the replacement in hand yet? I really wanted to see what they look like before I commit the money and (really moreso) the waiting time to getting one. It does sound like quite a wait though!

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
alright, can we keep the "got my email response!" comments to a minimum while we anxiously await actual images of the packaging? ;)

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting the image, David. I'm sure the R1 will look more or less identical.

I wish they had offered the Homer Head only as a "limited" deal here, too. Hopefully, they'll change that around for future releases.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I got the email saying the replacement packaging is on the way last week but nothing has arrived yet.

BTW,inside the head packaging it says they can stop the replacement deal whenever they want, so its prob best to send in for the replacements boxes as soon as possible after picking these sets up.

I dont think its a indefinite thing.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Has anyone else not had their checks cashed yet? I mailed mine in a little later (~8/25) so I'm apparently not in the first group to get the box. Just wondering if the request got lost in the mail.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I sent mine on the day the set came out (August 16) and they didn't cash my check until September 2 or 3. Plus, it's hard to say how often they cash the checks. Maybe they only do it once a week or once every two weeks or whatever:)

I'm not sure but if you called the phone number, they might be able to tell you what the status of your order is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks