What's new

Simpsons Season 7 artwork (1 Viewer)

Amit Ashar

Agent
It looks like it's the head stuffed in a box. You can see where they eye from the head will show in the camera.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Actually, this cover art puzzles me, because it's hard to tell who is supposed to be taking the picture (or if we're supposed to be able to tell). At first I would assume that Marge is taking the picture of herself and her family, but that doesn't explain the eye that is showing in the camera! It can't be Marge's eye, since we can see her whole face. But it's a very nice cover, otherwise. I like the colours and the appearance of the family.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it looks cool, and it seems like they're going to somehow stick with the new season 6 style packages..

John*D

Second Unit
If you read the article it says that the other packaging is, "is in the same format as the Simpsons Season 1-5 digipacks." Plus FOX already said they would offer both head and digipak options in the season 7 announcement.

Cameron Blair

Auditioning
I think the person taking the picture is supposed to be you, the viewer, the person looking at the family. I have a feeling that the packaging inside is going to be the same style as that for season 6, not for seasons 1-5. The reason I say this is because of the trick with the eye again, and because it would likely save Fox some money if all they did was changing the outside case. Just my thinking though. I'm personally going to be collecting the heads just because they're different and the blue looks really good.

John*D

Second Unit

Once again, FOX already specifically said the DIGIPAK will be offered! Sure they may have foolded us into thinking the mail in offer was going to be a digipak, but that doesn't appear to be the case for season 7.

Season 7 for R1 is being released in the same manner as season 6 was in R2. A limited edition HEAD and the DIGIPAK.

If it was just the insides of the head w/ the crappy slipcover like season 6, then they would have just offered it through the mail or included it with the head.

Breathe...

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Marge's head couldn't be in the box, then what would be the point of buying her head by itself? Plus Fox already said that Marge's head was limited edition.

If you didn't know we were talking about dvd boxes, the above paragraph would sound really weird.:D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Not necessarily true at all. The mail-in/separate website offer was no doubt a pain in the a*s for Fox -- so why would they want to go through that hell yet again if they could avoid it with relative ease?

And including an open-top VHS-like box automatically with every single "Big Head" purchase would be completely wasteful on Fox's part (since it's redundant, with half of the boxes probably ending up in File 13).

If the "Standard" box is a full-fledged Digipak, then it's a mighty amazing coincidence (IMO) that the eyeball on the front of the Digipak matches precisely where the "eye" would shine through a "cut-out" if it was a crappy open-top box.

Odds please? :)

No way this is a Digipak (too big of a coincidence re. the "eye hole", right down to the black line representing Marge's eyelash showing through the camera).......

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59004

Cameron Blair

Auditioning
Was the regular package for season 6 R2 a digipak and if so does anybody know where I can some pictures of it. I'd like to see how they handled it.

Jordan_Rebner

Auditioning
has anyone seen what the R2 season 6 package looks like inside?

i imagine it'll be like that but marge.

And sorry Cameron, I missed your post

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

If you look a the far edge of the eye, you can see the edge of glasses... so I'm pretty sure it's neighbor Ned Flanders snapping a pic of the Simpson clan.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Actually, I believe (as David VP alluded to earlier), that is part of an eyelash - likely Marge's.

I agree with what you said, Dave VP. Even before I read your post, I was thinking that the eye in the camera looks suspiciously close to where Marge's left eye is on the "head" packaging. Just scrolling down from the box to the head that's what it looks like to me. I'm thinking that box is the same as season 6's, with the head inside.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It could also mean that DVDTimes is assuming it's the same format as seasons 1-5. Since there are no quotation marks around that sentence in their story I'm assuming that's not a direct quote from FOX.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I suppose there's a chance a full digipak slips in from the top of the S7 set to keep uo with the "eye" theme, But I honestly think it's more like that the same innards will be used for both releases.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

It's Marge, holding the camera with her arms outstretched. That's her eye in the viewfinder just like Homer's on the season 6 set.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Have this set in hand. The box is not exactly like S1-S5, but it is well constructed. It is the same width as the replacement box for S6, and it has the full size plastic "book" trays, not the half-size ones from S6. Also, the booklet is hilarious-it's a parody of an issue of Variety. The ad for Moe's method acting made me laugh out loud.

So, it appears the days of the fold out digipak are over for the Simpsons. Actually, I'm kind of glad the box is a similar width as the S6 replacement, as if it was the same width of S1-S5, S6 would always be the oddball. I would still be very interested in getting a box of the quality of S7 for S6, but all told, I'm happy. As I paged through the episode guide I realize it is very likely S7 has the most of my favorite episodes of any season. I will be devouring this over the weekend.

John*D

Second Unit

Wasn't it just a piece of SCOTCH-ish tape for S6?

This sucks that its just trays like the UNI MUMMY SET!

Now I dont' know what to do... I'll wait for pics and have the abiliity to hold the sets in my hands to inspect in stores.

:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks