What's new

Simpsons S10 - 8/7/07! (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Wow, kind of sad if that's the way it's going to be. Not so much that I think it's absolutely essential for every episode to have a commentary, but it is sad in a "end of an era" kind of way. The set may feel just a little less complete. Oh well.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Probably becauseof the movie, for me itdoesn't matter.Idon't buy them for the commentary

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see commentaries on every episode but what I consider to be the classic era ends pretty much with this season anyway. I know I'll pick up the rest of the seasons but if they're dropping some of the commentaries, I wish they'd speed up the releases.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

If they stick with the schedule of the past couple of years, you can expect Season 11 in December. There are a lot of seasons that need to be released, but I would think 2 seasons a year is pretty much par for the course for most shows being consistentely released.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm sure S11 will be out in December but I wish there was a release in maybe March or April in addition to the two in August and December. But you're right, two per year is probably all that I'll get.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Sad if true, but I'm looking forward to this season because I think it is under rated. At least to me it has a number of my favorite episodes.

Arild

Supporting Actor
IIRC, weren't some of the previously released season sets also first announced with specs indicating that not every episode would have commentary?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

No, it's NOT the press release. This is information that a retailer sent to us; the set hasn't been officially announced yet.

Gord

WillG

Senior HTF Member

So no one really knows for sure yet. Also, DVDReview.com is reporting that seventeen episodes have commentary. Maybe they just reported wrong. Or, maybe there are conflicting reports

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

DVDReview likely got their information from us (as they've done in the past). When I first posted the news to the site I had added an extra bullet at the front, making it look like there were 17 commentary tracks (though the first line was blank).

Gord

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Was I in gumdrop lane, or do I remember a time where one of the guys said that every episode will have a commentary?

I hope so, as this is the only show that I feel like I have to listen to the commentary - it's easily my favorite consistant commentary and it's awesome to find a hidden one to boot.

ry

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Maybe they just haven't gotten around to recording the last 7 commentaries as we speak. Or maybe they don't have time because they were busy with the movie. I think it's okay either way--we'll forgive them if they've finally run out of things to say after 250 episodes.!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Which season contained the episode with Patrick McGoohan and the tribute to The Prisoner? I feel like it may have been season 10, although it could easily have been season 11.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That episode is The Computer Wore Menace Shoes from S12.

There's also that great gag in The Joy Of Sect from S9 with Marge escaping the Movementarian compound with the Rover (I think that's the name of it- it's been years since I've seen The Prisoner) and it engulfs Hans Moleman.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
However many commentaries there are on the future sets, I'm on board. I am a little shocked, though, that S10 isn't coming out in early July to promote the movie. We are getting three Simpsons releases this year, if the pattern holds: S10 and S11, plus the movie.

Good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks