What's new

Simpsons renewed through 2005 (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It amazes me that King of the Hill has gone on so long without delving very far into absurdism.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
"The Simpsons" actually has HIGHER ratings this season than last season, according to an article I read a few days ago.

I'm lad it's extended, I still love the show. Last week's episode was great.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Season 14 is by far the worst season of the Simpsons so far (the Season 13 episodes were nowhere near as bad as the first few episodes of 14), but it is showing signs of improvement in the past few episodes.
," she said.
She must be thinking of another show.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Some people actually think that ratings mean a show is good. Usually the people heading the network, or the show.

It's like the lady who runs friends saying..."This has been our best season so far!" (about the 8th season...)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The last episode of the Simpsons was great, but most of the season hasn't been. They still have a few good episodes every season, but they're becomign rarer. I think the only way to keep the show interesting would be to do more stories with the supporting cast. They've done just about all the Bart and Homer stories there are by now.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
They need to use the cast's singing talent more often (with the exception of Julie Kavner :)), it's been wasted for at least a few seasons. The musical cue in this season's Sideshow Bob episode really saved the show, IMHO. C'mon, Clausen, you can do it!

Joel C

Screenwriter
I think Simpsons has been equally as good since about year 10... not like the banner years, but still really funny.

King of the Hill is only in its seventh season, remember. In S7, Simpsons hadn't really gone the absurdist route either.

Plus, KotH is getting a little weird. The recent episode where the guy wanted to turn Luanne into the pork products girl was pretty strange, and had an off-putting ending that felt like someone out of Family Guy.

Still, both shows are great fun. I just wish they'd renew Futurama, which could've been the next Simpsons, or at least the next KotH.

Deborah*T

Agent
I love the Simpsons but it can be a bit hit and miss. Unfortunately it is shown a bit sporadically here. I have no idea what season we are on but Sky One (where the most current series is shown) seems to put on a new episode every fortnight or so. It is on Sky One every day but all the shows are reruns and the schedule never seems to indicate when a new episode is shown so I tend to miss all the new ones and assume they are reruns! Ga!!!!!! Doh!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks