What's new

Simpsons dialogue edit? (1 Viewer)

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
The rerun of The Simpsons where Homer takes over Smithers job was on today. In it Mr. Burns tries to use the phone for the first time, and he accidentally calls Moe's. Moe thinks Burns is Bart prank calling him, and he goes into a tirade about what he's going to do if he catches Burns. The audio made an obvious change at one point. It's still Moe's voice, but you can tell it's been changed. What was it changed from and why? Does anybody no? Moe now says something about ripping out his eyes and putting them down his pants so he can see Moe kick the crap out of him.
------------------
Stephen

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Most of the episodes have been slightly recut in syndication to fit in enough space for commercials.
This link will explain the cuts and give you a list of episodes that have yet to go under the syndication knife:
http://www.snpp.com/guides/lisa-2.html#Q39
http://www.snpp.com/
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on August 09, 2001 at 06:18 PM]

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Kevin. That site is great.
I read through the script for the episode, and it contained the dialogue I heard. The problem I had was you could tell it was something added late. The sound of the audio changed, if that makes any sense. You could tell something was dubbed in. It seems like old dialogue was replaced with new. Maybe I'm just crazy. :)
------------------
Stephen

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Dialogue re-dubb has been done on the Simpsons. The one where Lisa bets on football games with Homer, the original episode put Dallas and Buffalo in the Super Bowl (that years matchup). But in future showings, they replaced Dallas with Washington (next years matchup). In syndication, they continued to use the Washington-Buffalo dialogue.

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah SNPP is a great web site for Simpsons information. With the DVD boxsets coming soon I plan on printing up the Episode guide and using it when I want to watch an episode. One thing with the site that isn't that great though, some of the episode write-ups don't have all the dialogue from the shows on them but its mostly there. But the uncut episodes will be on the DVDs which is great!
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

[Edited last by Sebastian_M on August 10, 2001 at 10:24 PM]

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i noticed this too in other eps.
usually the closed captioning has the origional dialogue. in an ep that had a scene in the library(i think) many of the kids had taken over and were burning books. they had tied skinner up and he was hanging from the ceiling.
while they were burning the books skinner said something totally inaudible but the CC had the correct dialog and the CC even matched his mouth movement but the words didn't. almost like a dub of a foreign movie.
if i remember to i like to tape the show just to rewatch the CC to see if its different then whats spoken.
by the way anyone know what ep that is i referred to?
------------------
"who needs padding when you can have quality over quantity? more isn't always better." just my 2 cents on post count padders.-----

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks