What's new

Simpsons 1/27 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Another good episode.

I loved the CGI spoof! I've gotten tired of the cute humor in Pixar and Dreamworks animated movies, so I was really happy to see it being made fun of.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
:b I have my calendar already at February, so I thought today was the 27th.

~T

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was pretty good; I definitely like the more realistic setup in terms of finding out how Homer keeps the pay check coming in, etc. I still don't get how Moe's went back to being the exact same shithole.

I did like finding out that Homer plays the fool occasionally to get out of doing stuff. It gives the character a little credit atleast. I'm also glad he pieced together the threat of Marge cheating on him himself.

The last two have atleast been in the right spirit. Slowly but surely this train wreck is finding it's way back to the rails.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
When Ralph was stuck on Scratchy's tail (by his underwear) on the log ride... :laugh:

The best part was at the beginning when Homer was trying to get the most out of Brunch by not filling up on the 'cheap' stuff.

What did the sign say? "Brunch...It's breakfast with Booze" :D

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
What happened in the fist five minutes? I missed up to the part where Homer says not to fill up on the cheap stuff. Also what was the couch gag?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
From my memory:

The family went to brunch at one of those fancy hotels. I forget exactly what the ice sculpture said, but I think it said "Classy". :D

So, before they start to go to the buffet, Homer told the family not to fill up on the cheap stuff and go for the "good" stuff.

He goes to the buffet and the first guy offers him rolls and Homer snubs his nose at him...the second guy offered him (I think) muffins and Homer pushes him down. Then he gets all excited as he hits the Salmon, Shrimp and Crab Legs section.

He started devouring it all and as he's putting a shrimp in his mouth, it kept popping back out (because he was full). :laugh:

Bart then wraps a sausage link in a crepe and shoots it )like a spit ball) into Lisas mouth and laughs "Ha ha! You ate meat!" and then Lisa throws a strawberry into Barts mouth and laughs "Ha ha! You ate fruit" - So they both start a food fight.

Marge gets mad and tries to stop them both. Finally, in a fit of anger, she yells "You're embarrassing us all!" and the whole restaurant gets quite and gasps as Marge gets all embarrassed.

Homer gets mad and stands up and says "Look what you've done. You've ruined Brunch, that's like ruining TWO meals! Let's talk later over Lupper!"

LOL

p.s. I realized you said "up to the cheap stuff" but I didn't feel like deleting all I wrote, so I left it all in.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

The mortgage on the house was paid off, which is why Homer wanted to take advantage of all the expensive food at brunch. While Homer visits Moe's, the health inspector (an old friend of Moe's) overlooks violations but dies choking on a pickled egg. A new health inspector throws the book at him (especially since the old inspector is still lying dead on the floor), and since Moe can't afford to bring the bar up to code, he closes it. During the wake (featuring Duffman - who's depressed thrusting looks likes the 'partied-out' Slurms McKenzie - and Surly), Homer decides to get him the money, but when Marge discovers Homer took out a new mortgage to get the money to fix up the bar, she became Moe's partner.

Great episode, but this is the 4th time Moe's had the bar changed. (Flaming Moe's, the family restaurant, the 'hip bar' all coming before, and now the English Pub "The Nag and Rat")

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

The hip bar episode had that great song where Moe would sing "Moe Moe Moe - how d'ya like me? how d'ya like me? Moe Moe Moe...."

Heh heh

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Moe's hip bar was called "M" where he went back to his old college and his professor told him to beautify his bar.

The song "Moe Moe Moe" was the (Christmas) episode where Homer wrote the Ned Flanders song and David Burns produced it.

I don't know if this counts, but what about the episode where Homer reminisces about dating Marge (during Moe's grand opening) when the bar was named differently. I forgot the exact spelling, but it was like "Maue's"

Phil_L

Second Unit

Yeah, that was great! Another good episode all around, especially Homer coming up through the plane's toilet.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The episode in question of Moe's grand opening was called Meaux's, a name also used in the Flaming Moe's episode for a copycat bar. It was the show with the puzzle pieces and they missed James Taylor's head, the "singer/songwriter/puzzle piece"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks