What's new

Simpons Season 7 - Two heads are better than one (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Wrong. I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't angry that they changed the packaging. They could have completely changed the packaging, going to slim dvds and improving things and I would have been exstatic. I was pissed because the changes they made were to inferior, horrible packaging. That head doesn't even stay closed! It wasn't that they changed, it was that they changed in a bad way. Now, they're changing again, and this time I'm not upset because they're changing by improving from the horrible head to the old package. I'd be even happier if they were changing to an even better packaging.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
George, I think that Fox learns from their packaging mistakes. I picked up the first season of The X-Files when it first came out and the slip case was held together by about inch of cardboard. It came apart pretty quickly but the seasons that followed (and subsequent releases of Season One) were made much better and didn't come apart.

My point? Hopefully, Fox will do the same thing with The Simpsons and make the upcoming heads more sturdy. :)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Thanks Mark!:emoji_thumbsup: :)

I knew that by posting my feelings about this situation people were going to come and here and start throwing stones and complaining again. I just had to state the way I felt. If Fox happens to read this and looks at my point of view, then maybe they will offer another way for us to get both packages. (IE: include a mail offer form in both sets to get the other style box) I just had to throw it out there. I mean there is still time for them to do that since it doesn't get released until december.

Oh no! What will you do!!??! SIMPLE, you don't want the head, DON'T BUY IT. Pay the higher price somewhere else.Obviously...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I didn't mean "you" as in you (george) specifically. I meant you as in the the overall group of people who didn't like it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But you were able to get the old style packaging with Season 6.

I was happy with the "Buy the head box and send away for the alt. package", but now they've changed things yet again.

If they're going to change the system again, at least make it so I can get the same deal as with Season 6. That's all I'm asking for.

So, basically, yes - I am complaining about the same thing everyone else was complaining about:
Don't offer things one way, then change them with the next release!!!!

That's why I get mad if anyone tells me to "suck it up" or "just buy both" (or whatever)...because I have the exact same gripe as everyone else originally did.

JamesED

Second Unit
It will be so damn nice to avoid more heads. Now I just wish I could get a real replacement packaging for season six.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Season 7 "Standard" packaging turned out to be exactly like the S.6 "replacement" box (with no top).

Fox might just extract the innards from the Marge Head and place those innards inside a topless box, just like the "replacement" customers did for S.6.

It's possible anyway, and would no doubt be cheaper for Fox to produce, because it wouldn't require any "Digipaks" at all.

Ahhh.....just one more thing for Simpsons fans to ponder (and debate) prior to December 13th. :)

"Well, if those robotic suits at FOX think they're going to turn my inimitable mug into a hunk of cheap, throwaway plastic to promote their devilish, let's-grab-a-fast-buck-at-the-expense-of-Monty-Burns tactics, then they'd better think again. Nobody makes a fool out of C. Montgomery Burns. Smithers, the hounds please!"

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...urns_assis.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...urns_assis.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...urns_assis.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...urns_assis.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...urns_assis.gif

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor

It isn't out just yet and I guess, for certain practical reasons, that I won't get it for a while. This is what I can see so far: amazon.co.uk

Judge for yourself about the packaging. The head version is also available.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
But I still wonder if that UK/R.2 "regular" version of Season 6 is a full-fledged multi-panel Digipak case, or if it's exactly like the USA R.1 "replacement box" version, with simply the guts taken from the Homer Head and inserted into the topless "standard" type carton.

Anybody know?

My guess is: Big Head guts inserted into standard-type carton.

And the more I ponder upon Season 7's fate, I think that's just what the "standard" edition of S.7 shall entail.

But ... "We shall see; I shall bide my time...".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks