What's new

Simpons Season 7 - Two heads are better than one (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I for one am upset. I liked both packages and now I am stuck with a decision to make. I wish they had just kept with the heads and offered the normal packaging in the mail like they did with season 6.I don't want to just own Homer's head seeing as I thought I'd be getting all 5.....But I dunno what to do now...:angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I really hope they decide to re-release Season 6 with a real box and not the slipcover.

It doesn't keep me up at night, :) , but since they seem to be adapting based on customer feedback, it would be nice to have a good box for S6. Otherwise it seems S6 will always be the sore thumb.

John*D

Second Unit
Marge's head. Uh... No thanks.

My DVD cabinet will thank me. My Homer head might feel otherwise, D'oh!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member

Holy crap, I thought you were being sarcastic at first. So you don't want to "just" own homer's head...so just get the "head" version.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
My god, there's a studio that actually listens to its customers out there. I honestly wasn't expecting Fox to offer both packages in-store, so it's a nice surprise this morning. I also agree that they should give Season 6 the proper treatment by releasing a real digipak case for it. Otherwise the thing will only fit in with the other sets if you happen to just be looking at the spines.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
This is great news! My only worry is that someplace like Costco will have the best price, but not carry both versions, and I'll get stuck with tbat head, or have to pay a higher price to buy elsewhere.

You're upset that they're giving you a choice? Let me make sure I understand this. You're pissed off cause you don't know what choice to make. But if they had forced you to buy the head, and forced the rest of us to go through the pain-in-the-ass of having to send in for a replacement box, you'd be happy, cause you wouldn't have to make a choice?

Look, just pretend they gave you no choice, and buy the head. The end result will be that you'll have the head, just as if they had forced you to buy it, while the rest of us will be very happy to be able to buy the regular box in-store.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see the choice, but the homer head is still a head, even if it has a nice new slipcover over it. I still haven't picked up season 6 myself, but I'll probably end up getting all of the heads, since I'm just that kind of completist :)

I actually think the idea is pretty cool-they just have to be a little sturdier, that's all. At least they took into account that these things have to fit on a standard DVD shelf. There are some discs that are in crazy oversized cases that make em hard to shelve (Triplets of Belleville-I'm looking at YOU).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I want to play Devils Advocate here (i.e. I'm not mad at your statement) - I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be upset if I said (with the Homer head) to just "deal with it and forget about it", but a lot of people didn't and felt the need to complain and bitch and moan, instead of just "dealing with it".

I was one who was happy with the old method and now that they've changed that, why is it bad for ME to now start complaining?

Obviously the reason is because my complaint isn't shared by most here, so it must be wrong?? That's also unfair.

Giving us a choice is great, but they had already put a system in palce and I wished they had continued it. I do NOT want to have to buy both sets to get both packages (and to suggest that, is preposterous and extremely insulting).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Close, but not quite. Fox is getting props for listening to the vast majority of their customers. It's certainly not bad PR for a company to do something that makes 99% of their customers happy and 1% unhappy. Bad PR would be to do something that made 1% happy and 99% unhappy. On the other hand, the best PR would be to have it both ways, which they certainly could. They could make the cardboard box still available by mail for those who've bought the head and for some reason still want the other box. And frankly, I would inquire with them whether or not that's an option, before getting mad at them for changing things due to the wishes of the vast majority of their customers.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't have griped here, but the comments that were made, were also made with the assumption that the alt. packaging isn't going to be made available...so I had to respond (with the same assumptions)...

[rant]This is a rant, based on the fact that I am assuming Fox isn't offering the alt. package:[/rant]
If Fox doesn't offer the mail in packaging for the Marge head version, I hope everyone here gets upset...

Why should you be upset??? Let's say a studio releases the first movie (of a trilogy) in both Pan and Scan and Widescreen. On the Widescreen copy, they put a bunch of extras, but on the P&S copy, they put nothing.

Now let's say that a bunch of people (who like P&S) complained to the studio about no extras on the copy they bought...so, when the studio released the next movie (of the trilogy) what they did is...on the P&S version they had one set of 'extras' and on the widescreen version, they had another set of extras which were completely different than the P&S extras...

Obviously you guys would be upset about this, but would it be fair of me to say "just buy both"? Or would you be happy that the studio listened to its consumers and obliged them with their request?

After all, isn't that what we all want? We want the studios to listen to the consumers? right?

In other words, sometimes listening to the consumers, makes other consumers upset. This is why I find the "buy both" comments to be upsetting. It seems very smug that you got your way and changed the system for those of us who liked what they had in place for Season 6.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I haven't picked up season 6 yet, but when I do, I don't think I'll worry about sending in for the slip cover. Sure, I think it's great they're giving us a choice for season 7, but season 6 will always be a head no matter how you look at it. So I might as well follow suit and collect all the heads. If they released S6 in a digipack, I would obviously lean in that direction, but I don't really want to own 6 digipacks and 1 head with a cover over it. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks