What's new

Simon and Simon Season 3 Coming Soon (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly

actually if you use the Amazon outlet that carries these titles, you cut the shipping down to $2.99. I too wish the price was a little lower, but I love Simon and Simon. And I will buy every season that Shout puts out.

Would this be just in the US? I'm assuming it would be.

I'll certainly be buying the remaining four seasons of Simon & Simon. Love the look of the show and the setting for example (even though it wasn't shot mainly in San Diego I'll just imagine it is. The fact it wasn't mainly shot there hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of seeing the show and buying possible season sets of the sixth to eighth seasons on DVD), and Shout! Factory's presentation (menu screens etc. and showing which episodes may have music changed/edited, and when some episodes are syndicated masters.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Would this be just in the US? I'm assuming it would be.
Yeah, just US Shipping.

I've bought discs directly from Shout, and their shipping is usually Around $6.99. So, using Amazon is cheaper in the US.

I don't know what to tell you to do for UK shipping. Perhaps e-bay (if they even have anyone selling this stuff there) would wind up being cheaper than Amazon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is disappointing that S5 of Simon & Simon is only available via Direct order from shout factory. I would much rather have this availabe via Amazon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I didn't spot this until a few days ago when I looked at the fifth season front cover artwork again, and checked the fourth season front cover artwork afterwards. They've changed the background image. The image of the yachts/boats in the background has been changed to a skyline shot of buildings in San Diego.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am looking to place my order for Season 5 in the next few days. I was just wondering if anyone who may have ordered before using the Shout! select program. Does the title ship in advance of the release date to arrive on the specific date or does it go out on the date ? Also the shipping is very high at $6.99. What method do they ship by if anyone knows. Thanks!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've been wondering if a listing will be put up on Amazon.com's Marketplace section for the fifth season set on or after 20th July. I'm just hoping there are plenty of copies available on there.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Still no listing on Amazon.com for the Simon & Simon: Season Five Shout! Factory exclusive R1 set.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've just checked on Amazon.com for the fifth season set, and there is one copy available....for $59.99. That dosen't include shipping to the UK, so it would be close to $70! Way too much. I really want to get the fifth season set, but $59.99 (not including shipping) is way too much.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´ve just looked at amazon.com 60 dollars+shipping(Germany) is too expensive.

I wait until it´s cheaper....

Does anybody already have Season 5??

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

I´ve just looked at amazon.com 60 dollars+shipping(Germany) is too expensive.

I wait until it´s cheaper....

Does anybody already have Season 5??

Any information about the S5 set (like how the episodes look, the promos, the presentation of the menus, whether any episodes are from syndicated masters etc.) seems very scarce at the moment, and the set has been out now for 5 days.

Another copy of the S5 set has popped up on Amazon.com again with the too expensive price of $59.99 (not including shipping).

My worry is that no lower priced copies of the S5 set will appear on Amazon.com or eBay.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There is a copy of the season five set on Amazon.com now at the same price as what Shout! Factory are charging, $49.99. Same price for two copies which are for sale on eBay.com.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly it is being offered on Amazon by the only Amazon company authorized to sell them for Shout Factory
Just found out on Amazon.com how much it would be in UK pounds altogether, nearly £41.50. Too much. I'm hoping Shout! Factory will drop their price down in the next few months.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
that is often the complaint I have about items only available in Great Britain. The cost in US dollars is often way too much.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´ve just bought Season 5. I hope I won´t repent it because I don´t know whether the series got worse in Season 5.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Like with the Hawaii Five-O sets I'm going all the way to the end of the series with the boxsets of Simon & Simon. If Shout! Factory release seasons 7 & 8 separately (if they get to those seasons), then I hope the price for each set is much lower, as there were only 16 episodes in season 7 and 13 episodes in season 8.

With there being 26 episodes in the fifth season set (if you count the reunion movie as the length of two episodes), and 13 episodes in season 8, the eighth season set should be half the price of the fifth season set (around $25).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am disappointed in that this season was not available on amazon and was only being sold directly by shout factory. I much prefer amazon due to the fact you can get free shipping.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Originally Posted by younger1968

i am disappointed in that this season was not available on amazon and was only being sold directly by shout factory. I much prefer amazon due to the fact you can get free shipping.

Free shipping when you buy something from Amazon?

Not with me.......

I bought Season 5 for 50 euro(I´m from Germany).

42 euro for Season 5 +8 euro shipping!

Actually that´s too expensive but I paid it because I want Season 5 now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks