What's new

Simon and Simon Season 3 Coming Soon (2 Viewers)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I got problems with the sound on the third episode of season 3 "I heard it was murder". The sound was very noisy. There´s something wrong with the sound on this particular episode. Does anybody else also have that problem with episode 3(I heard it was murder)????

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

I'm still waiting for Best Buy or Amazon to drop their price.
Same here.

I don't mind that the main image of both lead actors on the front cover is the same as that for the Season 2 set. As long as they keep putting selected images from the season the boxset is of I have no complaints about possible future releases of Simon & Simon from Shout! Factory having the main image of the lead actors being the same.

It seems like DeepDiscount drop their prices more often than Amazon. I hope it isn't too long before Amazon.com drop their price for the Season 3 set. I'd prefer buying Season 3 from them as my Season 2 set came undamaged (there was a vague mark on the front cover of the outer box, but unless you put the box right up to your face you don't see it).

If a R1 boxset has a plastic DVD box like those for Mannix and Early Edition I'll buy them from PlayUSA and DeepDiscount as well as Amazon. But R1 boxsets with a cardboard outer box I'll buy from Amazon.

Also my Region 1 Simon & Simon S2 set seemed to arrive in the post quicker than some Region 1 DVDs/Region 1 DVD boxsets I've bought from DeepDiscount and PlayUSA. Sometimes it depends on customs charges.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
My problem is that while many swear up and down about Deep Discount, I just don't trust them. The first thing I do, before dealing with an online business is search for online complaints, if there are more than a few recent complaints, I 'ban' them from my list of retailers to buy from.

The only ones that I currently trust are Amazon, Amazon Marketplace, Overstock, Right Stuf.com AnimEigo.com Anime Nation.com Best Buy.

I have just heard too many complaints regarding customer service over Deep Discount that I consider them a bad risk.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
AH-HAHAHA ...

I'm getting Simon and Simon for $35 (tax included).

Best Buy is having a 25% off all of their DVD boxed sets, even their new releases this next week, starting Sunday.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
My set arrived yesterday from DeepDiscount. 3 days with free shipping is pretty fast! I have watched the first disc so far and I did not have any issues. All played smoothly. I did notice Shout screwed up on the episode menu however. They listed two episodes as #3. No Biggie though.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There is another two hour episode of Simon & Simon coming up, if the fourth season is released by Shout! Factory next year - the season premiere "C'est Simon". Later on that season there was also the two part episode "Simon without Simon".

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The Whiz Kids crossover episode on this set had closure. So it was not your traditional type of crossover episode. You are not hurt by not having the Whiz Kids episode here.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
But the Whiz Kids episode came BEFORE the Simon & Simon episode. The way you've said it Aryn suggests the Simon & Simon episode came before the Whiz Kids episode.

I'd still like to see Whiz Kids on DVD.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
WaveCrest: I stand corrected then. Yeah, It just seemed they met Rick & A.J. for the first time in this episode. So I figured it was the first of the crossover. It does play as a standalone episode just fine though.

Thanks for the correction

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i watch the cross over episode last night with the Wiz Kids and it was kinda neat seeing the kids, which would have been a similar age to me at the time. Gee, gotta to love the old dial up and monitone screens, lol

It is hard to believe that episode is almost 30 years old.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Has anyone else noticed this ? I have come across what seems to be a video glitch on episode "John Doe". Which is the first episode on disc 4. It is towards the end of the episode during the car chase. The video drops out for a brief moment then pops back in. It seems like it is probably an issue with the master over something Shout! screwed up on. But, I will see what some of you think.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I once ask you all a question but I never get an answer, so I try it again...

On my Season3 DVD-set there is an episode where the sound is very noisy throughout the entire episode.

The noisy sound is on episode 3 (I thought it was Murder).

Did anybody else notice there problems in this episode?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like the third season of simon & simon, especially with crossover episode with the Whiz Kids. It is hard to believe this show is almost 30 years old. However, Rick and AJ are fanastic combo.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Why another new thread has to be started for Simon & Simon I do not know, when there is already an existing one with plenty of replies in it. It saves clogging the forum up with more threads for the same TV show.

TVShowsOnDVD posted a new news article for Simon & Simon today, for the fourth season set. Not mentioned in TVShowsOnDVD's news article about the Season 4 set, there was also a two-part story in this season ("Simon Without Simon"), along with the feature-length season opener ("C'est Simon").

The URL link to the news article is below:

Simon & Simon: Season Four (1984-85) (6 Discs) (Region 1) - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by vnisanian2001

A bit off-topic here but I have a question about one of the episodes:

The season 2 episode, "The Secret of the Chrome Eagle" is roughly 48:40 long, according to Gord Lacey's review. But the version of that episode that used to be on Hulu is roughly 30 seconds longer. What's up with that?
This is likely the answer (I'm saying that in case someone tells me I've got this incorrect)...

Shout! Factory have been better than other DVD distributors in that they are stating which episodes of Simon & Simon might have music which is different from the network version. On the back of I think the third slipcase in the Season 2 set, there is an asterisk (*) beside the episode title "The Secret of the Chrome Eagle". With this are the words "Music may differ from the televised version" or "Music may differ from the network version". I can't remember which as I haven't got the Season 2 set by me at the moment.

Hope this answers your question, even though I couldn't give you details on the specific music track(s) which has/have been replaced/substituted.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Season 4... very nice!... 4 down... 4 to go and to think universal couldn't seem to make it work. Shout! is obviously making a profit on this release. So, hopefully that continues for them, so they can continue to release this till the end.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Even though it will be 8 months after the third season was released at least the fourth season has finally been announced. So (if) it's six months after the next boxset October 2010 will be when the fifth season is released on Region 1.

To recap:

Season Four (1984-85) - April 2010 release

Season Five (1985-86) - October 2010 release?

Season Six (1986-87) - April 2011 release?

Season Seven (1987-88) - October 2011 release?

Season Eight (1988-89) and reunion TV movie Simon & Simon In Trouble Again - April 2012 release or April 2012 and October 2012 release respectively?

After the fourth season there are only two more full length seasons of Simon & Simon left, with the penultimate seventh season being shorter (why was this season shorter? Were the ratings dropping?) and the final eighth season having the same number of episodes as a mid-season show/replacement show.

Simon & Simon was still in the Top 30 for the 1985-86 season. It dropped out of the Top 30 for the 1986-87, 1987-88 and 1988-89 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks