What's new

Silver Spoons tv show, any chance itll come this year? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Great news for the future seasons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over at the sitcoms online message board for silver spoons, someone asked the lady responsible for getting season 1 on dvd the chances of future seasons.She replied that sony has agreed to release all the future seasons , but no exact date for season 2. Wow, its amazing what 1 person can do.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I also will buy the first 2 seasons. I enjoyed season 2 when MENUDO came on the show and sang their hit Cambiale Las Pilas. in its entirety the episode Rick's Birthday.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Judith Moose posted yesterday at the silver spoons message board, she says production on the season 2 dvd set will begin shortly !!!!!!!! Im not good at predicting release dates, but im guessing a january or febuary time frame for this.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hopefully on season 2 it will have some bonus features! Im confident that by the end of this year, we will hear the release date of season 2 !!!!!!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Wikipedia is the least reliable source for DVD release dates.

Interestingly enough, tvshowsondvd.com says Salvage 1, Andy Griffith's 1979 one-season wonder which co-starred Joel Higgins, is rumored to be coming next year.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I could not have possibly said that better myself!

Rob, Sony is only up to announcing December titles, and won't begin announcing January titles for a couple of weeks yet. Maybe it's next week; I've lost count.

Sony announced ZERO releases for December in the TV-on-DVD category, so one hopes they make up for it in January.

On the other hand, I have no special reason to believe that Silver Spoons is in the mix. On the third hand, I have no reason to believe that more sets won't be coming, either. I suppose January's as good a possibility as any other month, but I just don't know yet.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

I've been totally confused with Sony's logic at the end of this year. While all other studios have made many announcements, Sony hasn't made one in about 2 months, I think. Does anyone know if they will, in fact, release more TV-on-DVD. Or is what Matthew heard true, they release 1 or 2 seasons and that's it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Aha. I've found out today that there was a bit of a personnel shake-up in Sony's home video department a couple of months back. Maybe that accounts for the lack of titles being scheduled? I dunno, but let's hope it's that simple, because that's easily rectifiable. Nothing more sinister than a temporary lack of human resources, I hope!

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Judging from the lack of a Salvage 1 thread, I can pretty much guess what sales will be like. As if Sony doesn't have anything better to release, they'd rather try to cash in on Andy Griffith since they don't own TAGS or Matlock.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I really hope this isnt another abandoned series from sony,I would hope they at least get up to season3 .I would love to complete the series, but hope to at least get 2 more seasons. I dont understand it , the lady responsible for helping to get season one to dvd, said on sitcoms online message board that season one sold well.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Sony's new thing seems to be abandon all its other shows to pick up where shows we abandoned four years ago left off. That's why we're now seeing Barney Miller S2 and Party of Five S3.

I look forward to having this complete series for my 50th birthday in 2003. I'm sure my grandchildren will like it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks