What's new

Silent Hill 2 release date? (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Anyone have any idea when this game will be released on Xbox. Some say Dec 19th, some say Jan 9th. I find it hard to believe that it would be Jan cause everyone has reviewed it already meaning it done and the smart thing would be to get it out before Xmas, right?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just to clear up anything I said, it looks like the date is Jan 8th 2002. IGN did a preview today and I will go by their word on this one. Although if the game is done, why not release it before Xmas, I just don't see the logic in it.

Sorry guys

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Although if the game is done, why not release it before Xmas, I just don't see the logic in it.
Because

1) they were originally due in late January - pressing plants will have been booked around that date, this is one of the busiest times of year & plants are booked months in advance.

2) although finished, it may not have gone through Microsoft's testing for approval.

4) it's too late to launch a comprehensive marketing campaign ahead of its original launchdate

5) they just don't want to compete against other titles?

James St

Supporting Actor
EB is now showing a 12/20 ship date. Several other e-tailers have bumped up the street date as well.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Just got reviewed by Gamespot...got 7.9, slightly higher than the 7.7 the PS2 version got tho the XBox extra episode doesn't sound too exciting.

"Konami had at one time stated that the episode would take four to six hours to complete, but most seasoned players will be able to finish it in slightly more than an hour. Its solitary puzzle is straightforward, there's not a great deal to see and do, and those hoping for a much clearer sense of the storyline will end up feeling let down. It is a commendable extra, but, as mentioned earlier, it's not worth buying the Xbox version for if you already have the PlayStation 2 edition. "

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
NextGen mentioned completing the Xbox extra story in under an hour...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks