What's new

Silence the power line noise (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Is there a point of no return when it comes to quieting the noise from the socket? As it stands now, I can turn the volume up on my pre/pro with no signal and there is absolutely no noise coming from the speakers. I'm looking at adding a seperate line or two for my HT, but since I'm getting what seems to be no noise interference will I benefit.

Kevin

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Last year after purchasing some new equipment,( one piece was a power hungry a/v reciever) i was at Best Buy where they had a a whole tablet of assorted equipment plugged into a normal power bar and attached to a pair of speakers.
There was a mild but very audible hiss coming from the
speakers. there was nothing playing in any of the equipment pieces so i was just hearing the electricity "i guess"

The purpose of this demo was when the salesmant switched from the regular electrical outlet into an 8 socket Monster Power filter. then there was silence.

The inputs are marked for the different equipment types.

I bought it on the spot for $279.00cdn.
If it doesn't solve your issue you can always take it back.

Peter m.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Kevin, man, so stop trying to talk yerself into buying a UPS/voltage regulator/Blue Circle etc etc "magic box" so long as you enjoy a fairly low noise floor!

I hope that your gear at least is plugged into a standard surge protector that comes with RF/EMI AC line noise filters.

bill "I Spell it Separates"

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
As long as you have proper surge protection and can't hear any noise, you likely don't need any additional filtering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks