What's new

Silence of the Lambs - Full Specs Inside! (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Whoa! -not much of a discount at DVD Empire (no wonder why I don't shop there :laugh: ), that's about the price I'd pay at Amazon if the SRP were $40.

I'll wait and see what it's going to be at Amazon. If the SRP is $5 less then great.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
A quick skim of Amazon prices suggests that there's not much difference between what they ask for a blu at $35 or $40. Best I think we could hope for on release week might be $24.99.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Tak Fujimoto approved the Criterion and MGM versions. There was a lot of discussion about this in the DVD thread some time ago.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

I took a look back, and the Tak-MGM connection seems to originate from an interview with Jeffry Schwarz of Automat pictures, who supervised the Special Edition in 2001. Its in the last line of this interview...

DVD Verdict: Interview With Jeffry Schwarz

Worth noting that this relates to the 2001 SE, not the 2007 CE. Check out the Beaver comparison again, and you will notice that the CE & SE seem to have a different hue. Did Tak sign off on this too?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks