Signing in

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Ed Moxley, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    EVERY time I come to this site, using my Kindle FireHD, I have to sign in. Not so with my main computer. Any ideas?

2. Brainwasher

Brainwasher Stunt Coordinator

Luke
    Maybe because it knows you have signed in on your computer using cookies. I'm not familiar with kindle, but it seems it doesn't have a temp memory system like cookies.Just my 2 cents.

3. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    Odd thing is that other forum sites I'm a member of, remember me, and I don't have to keep signing in. It only happens here........

4. bujaki

bujaki Screenwriter

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    Ed,I have a Kindle FireHD. Did not know I could access HTF via the Kindle. Could you guide me? I'd appreciate your help!JoseP.S. Managed to do it. Sometimes I feel like a computer illiterate. It was so simple!

5. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    This is odd --

I was doing fine on this platform till I decided to check in via my phone this morning (apparently for the first time on the phone -- I don't remember for sure), and I kept getting the message that I needed to sign in or register, and the system refused to accept my current password. So I "forgot my password" and changed it to a new one, and that worked. This afternoon I came home to the computer and had to log in, which I figured was from the password change. I did, and all was well. But now I've gone away from the computer a few times since, and every time I wake it up, I find I've been logged off and have to sign back in. My practice has always been to stay signed in, and today that has simply stopped working.

6. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    What I described above is no longer happening, and I haven't touched any settings. Maybe it just takes several sign-ins for things to settle down and behave? Whatever happened, it doesn't require anyone's time and energy ... at this time! :)

7. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Are there any particular "timing issues" with signing in?

I can sign in, keep my laptop turned on, check the site a few times a day and most of the time it stays signed in, other times I have to login again.

Yet I can close all aps, turn my laptop off, 10-15 hours later power up and check the site and I'll still be logged in.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Nothing major, just curious.

8. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Probably more to do with changes we are making on the backend. Not sure about the Kindle, but we have a Home Theater Forum App in both the Apple and Android stores. Try the Android app and see if that keeps you logged in.