What's new

SIGN THE PETITION: More full frame films being released by Columbia!!! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Assuming these are being released with panandscan on the fly, why don't they list them as widescreen-only rather than panandscan only (I REFUSE to call it "FULLSCREEN"!!!) As long as the only info on the package says "Formatted to fit your screen", I'll stay away!

The "Aquaria" disc lists both widescreen and 'full-frame' viewing, implying there are two separate versions on the disc, but it uses the pan-and-scan-on-the-fly to do that.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
In appears that Columbia/Tri-Star issued a press release that said they were looking into the matter.
Is this a secret press release? :) If not, could you provide with a link or post or something -- inquiring minds want to know what the story is.
Ted

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I added the film Perfect to my original post. Every week brings a new full frame title annoucement.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I signed the petition on this one first out of principle, considering I, like you, believe all films should be available in OAR. Well, it just hit home for me. I caught Perfect on cable two days ago, and I have to own this movie. It's a shame it's coming out P&S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks