What's new

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
And the final LotR Toy Fair box is filled, as expected, by the Flight from Isengard plaque.

Much better than the setup shot made it look (Gwaihir has feathers!!), but I dunno if the bronze look is the way to go on this one. Seems like there's a lot of obscured detail that paint might have brought out.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It just says "Pre-orders Begin Toy Fair 2005", so I would assume that's sometime this week - maybe as early as Monday, as there is a "LotR Pre Order" event listed in their TF schedule.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Kewl. Can't wait until that goes up. I may order the Aragorn, but the only thing I'm sure I will be ordering is the Witch King Helm. I already have too much money locked up.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Fireside has all 5 of the new helms up for pre-order. $38 for War Mask of the Witch King, $25 for the others. As far as I can tell, the only one of these that's currently up for pre-order at SSW is the Crown of the KotD, for $30.

He also has the Gwaihir plaque up for $118. No sign of the two mounted statues.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks for the update, Craig! I just ordered the Witch King Helm as well as the KotD Crown. I hadn't seen the a picture of the KotD Crown yet, and damn does it look sharp. Can't wait until they both arrive.

Kami

Screenwriter
Bob is sold out of the mounted statues - I already got them from him.

SS has started limiting retailer allocations on the bigger stuff. They cut their numbers in half or so.

David*K

Auditioning
No Reserve Orthanc Environment up for auction tonight, started at $$ .01 NO RESERVE

ebay Seller morgul_blade item #6515860566

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator

Weathertop is Preordering this Friday! :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm quite surprised to see another preorder so close to the Toy Fair. At 'freaks' many have pointed out this one has been in the bag for 3-4 years and is finally being released.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'll be grabbing Weathertop for sure. I hope this bodes well for the Amon Hen environment, which they've also been sitting on since 2002.

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
No inside info, but I'm sure it will be $125, like HD and the Golden Hall. Smaller edition though, I'll guess.

Hat's off to Charles. $100 it is! And an edition of 3000pcs - Large for the the 'old days', but smallish by current standards

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Holy crap! Sam and Bill has really appreciated in value recently.

The tracking shows it selling at over $1K (many around the $1.2K mark).

Any idea why it has gone up so much? It always seemed to sit at around $600.

I thought I'd never sell this, but now this has given me something to think about.

The preview of the Buckelberry ferry looks neat.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Big round of applause for Sideshow. Recently I ordered a couple of Jason figures (from Part 2 and 6), and they arrived yesterday. Sideshow included a Simpson's Moe Syzlak bust absolutely free. I thought it might have been a mistake, but there was a letter thanking me for being a patron and mentioning the freebie.

Thank you Sideshow! You continue to exceed expectations!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hello friends,

Could any of you point me to posters featuring the scene on the Bridge of Khazad Dum?

--
H

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Sure has been a dry period lately, with no new SSW product at all, but soon the drought will be over with several helms due to ship in the next week or so: Elessar's Crown, Helm of Sauron :emoji_thumbsup:, and the Gondorian Helm collection :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: ! Looking forward to all of these.

I wonder what the holdup is with Eomer's helm? And Eowyn, for that matter...

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, it was pretty well through the roof. 2-4 months ago, several things very suddenly nearly doubled. Could be lingering supplies finally drying up, an upsurge in interest following the final EE or ...? Anyway, most all trend arrows are in the red these days. Everyone who watches these things agrees summer is always a buyer's market. Plus, StarWars is really at a premium these days. Sam and Bill is just a great piece though, and it's obviously worth a lot to many discerning collectors. Prices have been down a bit, to the $800-900 range lately.

Also, this should be the day for Gothmog to arrive! It's nice to see some long awaited products shipping, and anticipate some announcements from the new Comic Con. It should be "like the old days" for a little while. ;) I'm still looking out for a Mumak (alive preferably!). We'll see. And "Meriadoc Without Cabbage" too.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Let me see if I can resurrect this thread...

A lot has happened since the last couple of posts. Lately there's been a rush of items hitting the street. Since my last post 2 months ago I've received:

Gondorian Helm Collection
Sauron's Helm
Wounded Orc Bust
Eowyn
King Of The Dead
Hooded Rohirrim Soldier Bust
Gothmog On Warg
Pippin

All good-to-great pieces, with my favorite being KotD. Pose, detail, paint job - all top-notch on this one.

And the flood will continue! I've got Weathertop & Helm of a Battle Troll on the way from Fireside, and these pieces are all due within the month:

Buckleberry Ferry
Galadriel
Eomer's Helm (finally!!)
Eowyn's Helm
Amon Hen

And finally, in late September or early October we should see the big guy himself - the 2 foot tall Sauron!!

That wimpering sound you hear is my credit card...

Of course, the big news was SSW ending the LotR line just a couple of days after Joel's last post. Pretty disappointing considering the pieces that should have been but weren't made (Faramir, some mounted Rohan character, Denethor, Frodo & Sam at Mt. Doom...).

Any of you guys still out there??

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I received Pippin and Eowyn recently. Both are cool.

Eowyn and the Witch-King look really nice together.

You know, it has been SO long since these were ordered I haven't been anticipating them. It is kind of funny because financially it would be better for me if these didn't come for a few more months.

Now two big charges to my credit card and notice that Galadriel is coming in about a month! Still cool to have them.

I ordered Sauron through Fireside. I THINK that was charged to my card back when I ordered it, so at least there won't be another big charge in a couple of month when that ships.

Any word on potential time frames for Aragorn on Steed and Legolas/Gimli on Steed? I think those will be really cool to have (they are pre-ordered) but I hope they won't be for quite a while.

Sean

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The word on the SS boards is early 2006 for these two, which is fine with me. I agree they both look like they will be spectacular sculpts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks