What's new

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, it should look really kewl next to those items. I can't wait until the SSW Helm comes out, but I'm completely out of space to display stuff...so maybe I can wait a little longer :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That's a good point, Kami. I just really like the translucent base. When I get moved eventually, I think I'll try to rig up some backlighting system to really show it off.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yes, thanks also for the HU on Darth. I don't have any other SW stuff, but this figure is just gonna be too cool for school, so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

Of course I ordered KotD & the Attack Troll earlier today...

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
KOTD looks brilliant IMO. Love it.

Looks Like Kami's early info is starting to pan out, as Sideshow has officially confirmed Aragorn at the black gate as a rider.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I thought Kami said the mounted Aragorn would NOT be in Gondor garb??? At any rate, a Black Gate Aragorn appeals much more to me. Maybe he'll be swinging his sword at the mounted MoS... :D

Things are really humming at SS. Assuming their order numbers are sequential, they took in over 1200 orders in the 9 hours between the time I placed my KotD order and the time I placed my Darth order.

On the Sideshow Freaks board they are saying there will be 8 more LotR items announced by the end of Toy Fair (that number may include mounted Aragorn). That will include some helms & busts.

Got my Sauron's Mace. Very cool piece - the translucent base is great. Much bigger than I expected as well.

Joel Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, good point Craig! Let's hope the Mumak's still alive then too! :D

The '8 more' is completely official - but only five are still a mystery. There are 13 spots in the preview area, with six filled by:
wounded orc bust
pippin
galadriel
battle troll
king of the dead
black gate aragorn

At least two of the remaining seven are confirmed in Sideshow's image gallery from the setup day. Pic #4 is a nice shot of Sauron, along with the new Wiki helm, and Pic #5 shows the new Gwaihir plaque. 6&7 are reviews of Gothmog on Warg and the Battle troll (along with all 4 maquettes). That leaves just six spots, with a handful of new helms (and bust(s))? speculated. I don't know where that leaves us with figures/statues .. probably one or two more. Remember before the show they hinted at an environment - could be the dead Mumak :frowning: and many think one more rider is a given as well.

Everything I've seen pics of so far is great in my book. KOTD is my favorite though. The bold color is such an unorthodox choice but I love it.

Looking forward to the rest ...

btw, yes - those numbers are sequential! Sideshow is definitely taking in the orders this week. Good for them, and good for us!

edited for poor counting :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
WiKi Helm - Suh-weeeet!!

KotD & MoS helms are also rumored.

I'm not sure about that Gwaihir plaque. I was hoping for the scene where the eagles rescue Frodo & Sam. The scene shown there is rather non-descript, and, frankly, big G looks ... naked. Hopefully we'll get better pics soon.

Shot 2 in the setup gallery has a nice view of Galadriel & KotD. You get a good sense of KotD's size as Morgul Lord is right behind him.

Kami

Screenwriter
Apparently the Wiki helm is 14 inches tall.

Yes I was wrong about Aragorn on steed not being strider but I can tell you this. He should have his sword raised. So I think it will be the pose when he faces mordor after his speech.

And I am still right on Legolas and Gimli on steed. It is coming ;)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

I've been following that thread & I thought it was determined that was the box height. If you look at the setup day pic which shows the WiKi helm in front of Sauron, it's clear that the helm is nowhere near half Sauron's height.

At 7-8 inches or so, it's still going to be an awesome, imposing piece.

Kami

Screenwriter
Yeah there's still lots of potential for stuff later in the year. SDCC is one example and probably some other scattered through the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks