What's new

shuts off when i turn it up loud?!?! (1 Viewer)

dumdkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff
so im just a dumb kid that wants to play loud music at his parties and i cant do that because it shuts off when i turn it up loud?!?! i dont know squat when it comes to audio so any advice is appreciated.

and yes i searched and i couldnt really find any answers.

-thanks

dumdkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff
i forgot to add that when i first turn on the system for the night i can turn it up real loud! like to about 50, i could probably go louder but it hurts my ears and i dont want to blow a speaker. but after its been running for awhile ( about 1.5hrs ) when i try to turn it up it shuts off and i have to lower the volume back down to around 30 for it to play... could this be an over heating issue? i seriously have no idea this is not my area of expertise! lol

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Sounds like it's going into "Protect" mode. Check both ends of each speaker wire, to see if a single strand of wire might be sticking out and touching something it shouldn't.

Jasen Chandler

Stunt Coordinator
If there was a wire shorting it would go into protect earlier, sounds heat related to me. Give us some details on the equipment.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does the receiver have a fan for cooling or is it passively cooled? Do you have it in an enclosed stereo rack? This really sounds like an overheating problem.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Originally Posted by Jasen Chandler

If there was a wire shorting it would go into protect earlier, sounds heat related to me. Give us some details on the equipment.
No, not necessarily. I know of cases that it didn't happen until volume was turned up, and it turned out to be a strand of wire.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ed could be right, but I do think the most likely cause is the receiver overheating or just being over driven. You need to provide complete equipment info. sometimes this is caused by a system with a subwoofer where some or all speakers are set to Large. Along those lines, a sub may solve the problem if you don't have one. since it only happens after driving hard for a while, it could be lack of ventilation.

Of course, checking the wires is easy, so might as well do it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks