What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
That was an explosive moment. How long until Doakes ends up on Dexter's table? Or will the writers find some other way of either defusing him or getting him kicked off the force.

Either way, I'll miss Doakes. I laugh at everything he says. "Can we secure this muthaf**kin' crime scene?!"

--Jefferson Morris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dex setting up Doakes...Maria would have been proud.

Lila not only pocketed the money from the sale, but also draws Dexter in more closely, even though the lightbulb did go off in his head about the situation.

Rita never did consider how to excise Dexter out of her children's lives when she caved into her mom's way of thinking.

Deb and Lundy sitting on a bench...aww...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Rita gets rid of her mom
Dex gets rid of Doakes

Deb gets closer to Lundy
Lila gets Dex closer

Great episode last night...SIMPLY FANTASTIC!

Loved how Lila smiled little bit evil when she had Dexter right where she wanted him.

mylan

Screenwriter
Just when we think we've seen the best episode ever of this show, we get one upped with an even better one. I do not know how Dexter is going to get out of this one, his world seems to be closing in on him fast. If this were a one hour police procedural Dexter would be caught after the next commercial break.
There were so many great lines I cannot pick a favorite but "does this look familar" when he brought the chainsaw up and " .....or you'll meet the monster" rank as my two favorites.

ErichH

Screenwriter

Yep - The wacky Lila coming out for Dex to see. I think he's had enough, and she's got a date with the monster.

The guys at HBO must be choking on their power lunch. Showtime owns Sunday Night this season.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
That was a fricking brilliant episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

And I thought the "Pardon my tits"..."Who's the skank?" lines were funny last week. This week we have
"That's exactly how Hitler walked"
and
"I am sorry, Dex, but she is gross. And pale. And nobody is pale in Miami - she is obviously a vampire! A gross, English, titty vampire!"
not forgetting:
"He's not working late. I think he Liiied to you! Oh, men are such pigs!" + cutesy wave.
And finally:
"Don't go anywhere!"
Then, of course, visual gags with Masuka's skull bowling ball and his Dirty Harry gun.

And Doakes actually finding Dexter's blood samples?! Who thought that was going to happen so soon?! Fantastic! This show is The Best Thing On TV. :emoji_thumbsup:

btw, the actress who plays Lila, Jaime Murray, is exactly one year younger than me. Must be fate... :D

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This show has that "edge of your seat" what the heck is going to happen next feel to it.

The writing on this show is incredible; the dialog is both fluid and natural and yet almost surreal.. it just sucks you in.

How this show gets passed over for Emmy consideration is beyond me, there is no drama on TV this year that (IMHO) is even in the same league as "Dexter".

Last year, I thought "Dexter" and "Heros" were stand out programs, this year, between the acting, story, and direction of the show, there is no program (period) that has as strong of a general storyline, and one that manages to stay cohesive as "Dexter".

Great lines last night, but largely because they lent themselves to great delivery.

Great, great stuff!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The bit with Vince and the gun slayed me. Lundy and Deb's playfulness in his kitchen was surprising. Dex on the warpath is chilling, and Doakes with all the ammo to put Dex away is simply a great cliffhanger for next week's episode. This show never fails to be interesting TV.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Morning Comes

I was so glad Dexter was back to his normal self, it's been a few episodes since he's last killed someone.

So many great things in this episode, and happening at the same time.
such great suspense.

I thought for sure Lila was going to set something or someone on fire with her breaking in.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wonder if that guy who Dexter chainsawed will still be "waiting" for him to be disposed of by Dexter in the next episode.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
See, I thought part of what made that so fitting is it's the ultimate tell. If Doakes could find the file, Dexter would be absolutely linked to that murder, as someone with direct interest in it happening.

The cat and mouse in these episodes of Dexter playing keep away is great stuff.

ErichH

Screenwriter

Patrick - That's a big item left hanging. The guy was a big time drug dealer, with a huge stash at the cabin. The chances of some one showing up to check in on the stash are high. Just driving back to the place would be risky at best.

Between this, the station drama & Doakes, I don't know how the tension can get any higher tonight.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Resistance -IS- Futile. :)

How is it possible this show is this damned good? Seriously, this weekend was, from beginning to end, BLOCKBUSTER material.

I cant think of any season of any show I've ever watched where I as eagerly awaited the next episode, because you feel as though you have to know what the hell happens next.

Lundy's reveal this week is stunning, and now the real chase is on. Every role, every actor, every scene in this episode was lean - almost no fluff in a show that had to build to where it was going.

People, if your show of your preference runs out during the strike, and you're looking to pickup TV on DVD.. make a special effort and go back through all of this show, because it's the best pay-cable show on the air right now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dexter'd be a good poker player, even with all the pomp and circumstance that Lundy threw at him (I know the writing is to make it seem like Dexter got tagged by Lundy and his crew when they sat Dexter down at the police station), Dexter kept stringing it out, forcing them to reveal their hand until the Doakes reveal. Good stuff, though Dexter is going to have to make up a story as to how he shot by Doakes' gun way out of his apartment. Only 6.5 days to go for the next episode.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Only if he's in a position to have his leg exposed, or if it were to bleed through the bandage and his pants....

This was a top-notch episode. Unlike Heroes I have no idea how this will end up. It will be interesting to see how Dexter solves his current problem - Doakes is not only innocent, but truly the 'good guy'. Harry's code is in conflict now - rule #1 (don't get caught) vs. rule #? (only 'bad guys').

I really like the Doakes character and unless something comes way out of left field, I'll be sorry to see him go.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
In order for Dexter to remain out of jail, Doakes has to be pinned as the 'butcher'. The only issue with that is I do not think there has been any African American serial killers in history. I'll have to look that up. Of course there's always a first.

Edit; additional info.

I stand corrected; I found a whole page of African American serial killers. Wayne Williams is just one of them. Killed 33 that they know of. I guess the reason I thought that is because the FBI states that the profile of the average serial murderer, among other things, is white and male. This ‘fact’ has been repeated in all the documentaries of serial killers I have seen.

Joe S

Second Unit
Great episode. When the FBI guys came for Dexter I thought he was done for, but that situation was turned around brilliantly. Now he's got Doakes to deal with. Wonder how they'll handle that.

As far as Doakes being "innocent", didn't he shoot that guy on the boat a few episodes back? I forgot the details, I'm usually getting sleepy around that time, so does anyone remember what that was about?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, another great episode.

I loved the conversation between Debra and Maria, and when Debra revealed she's sleeping with Lundy.

Then Angel and Lundy walk by shocked at what they overheard.
Then Debra saying "I'm sleeping at your place again" towards Lundy.
Very funny moment:)

I was a little shocked that Doakes was the stupid to leave whole evidence(even though it's not his) like that in the trunk of his car.You would think that might set himself up.

The final confrontation with Doakes and Dexter was great.
And Dexter locking up Dex in the drug shack with Doakes yelling out "You're gonna have to kill me Dex"

Doakes was old friends with that guy, he was in trouble, Doakes was going to take him in.
His friend was going to escape, but then was going to take his own life and threatened to shoot Doakes if I remember right.
But Doakes ended up shooting him, so he wouldn't get shot.

Doakes basically, is all around good.
It's just that Doakes is very strict and harsh(with his background in ops) so he may come off as bad, but with good intentions.
He just has his own way of doing things, even if he has to break the rules or protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks