What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What was weird was that in both shows (Dexter and Desperate Hoursewives), the smell of clothing set women off in a search for infidelity.

Maria is one cold, calculating operator.

Deb and Lundy are kinda cute together in terms of relating to one another.

Dex and Lila could turn into a Bonnie and Clyde. I think Rita does have to worry about Lila, but Rita's mom was spot-on w/r/t Dexter.

ErichH

Screenwriter

And Rita might think it's drug addiction, so her Mom's warning goes away for now. She had a knowing smile when her mom made the statement.

The rocks! Oh man, now what? Time to move the boat?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
No, moving the boat would definitely send up red flags. Maybe clean the boat, but most importantly, don't move it.. it'd be like tipping your hands. Odds are, he'd be one of the first "ruled out" as he's a cop, so he wouldn't get as much scrutiny as say, likely weirdos who may have their boats there.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I LOVED the See-Through episode.

The whole episode was fantastic.

I was in aw when that reveal came to about Maria screwing Pascal's guy to break her down and get her job back.

I think there might be something else to the sponsor.
Could she be hiding something just as dark as Dexter?
I think her mannequin art might be an equal to her dark side, like Dexter has one with blood splatter and killing.
She just seemed too into the dead bodies.

and I loved how Rita's mom liked what the Bay Butcher was doing for the city.
and then her comment at the end about how he's hiding something.

such fantastic writting

ErichH

Screenwriter

True - and he's thinking `what else did I miss?' The geek comment said it all.

Doakes and Maria had some clean kills of their own.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Another excellent episode. I thought that the UV light at night at the marina was a bad idea. Interesting to see how he's going to get out of that one.

mylan

Screenwriter

Yes it was. That and not wearing gloves during the assault were two serious lapses in judgements on Dexter's part. He could have pulled the boat out into the harbor at the very least.
I liked how his sponsor called at the very moment of the attack and the question of him using came up. What she was thinking and the actual addiction he was talking about was interesting, after all that was his drug.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I have yet to find a fault with this series. Well done.

He wasn't planning the assault so he didn't have gloves. The fact that he couldn't resist this attack, when compared to all of his other carefully planned kills, shows how much of an addiction it is. He couldn't resist. At the same time, Lila's call and talking him down showed that he can be treated.

It's getting closer and closer to his sister being the one who finds out about him. And she owes her life to him, so very interesting choice looming for Deb...

I like the little info we are getting on the peripheral characters. Last week we find out Laguerta can play dirty and that Doakes has his own demons. This week we find out that they used to have a thing.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The story arch and acting in this show are so solid. Great episode again last night.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did I not call the "Bonnie and Clyde" angle from last week's episode? Nothing like watching 2 sociopaths revealing themselves to one another, very touching stuff.

Anyone get the cuddlies watching Deb and Lundy?

LOL when Doakes got Maria to tip her hand on Pasquales short stint as lieutenant.

Too bad Dexter got filmed in the act of washing down his boat.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I also like the superhero aspect. I can't remember where but I remember having a conversation about the difference between Dexter and a superhero like Batman. They both kill bad guys. I think it might've been on this board.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Batman doesn't kill bad guys as a primal directive (the bad guys may get themselves killed in unavoidable fashion when taking on Batman). Dexter's all about the kill, but his adoptive father at least directed that urge to kill the ones who "deserved" killing in order for Dexter to justify satisfying his killing urges with doing a greater good at the same time. Of course, the law would not see it that way. Dexter is a vigilante at its most covert extreme (well, covert until all this Bay Harbor business came to light in season 2).

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think the storyline regarding how Dexter feels about himself, and his self-justification in the face of his sister and others telling him the bay butcher is a monster.. while news media and the mother figure tells him they admire him.. helps paint Dexter's confusing, dark, troubled world.

The thing is, everyone has a little piece of the truth - but no one can seem to piece it together, not just about Dexter, but about their own life.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I thought we knew that already?

Anyway, I just watched last week's episode, and it was the best one all season in my opinion, which is saying quite a bit, because every episode has been absolutely amazing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Doakes needs more fiber in his diet.

That awkward hug by Deb of Lundy was hilariously inappropriate.

Lila and Dexter are going to make a crazy couple of killas.

Rita is going to blame herself for Dexter straying. I was waiting for Dex to use the "I thought we were on a break!" excuse if Rita came back asking when he was with Lila.

Good to see Haywire from Prison Break doing some copycat killings in Miami. I wondered how the windmill painting would affect Haywire.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. I loved how Dexter basically ended a relationship, to start a much more dangerous one. And damn, is she creepily hot ;)

The storyline regarding the copycat killer was smart. Dexter played against all of his own stereotypes, in a big, flaunty move that (he hopes) masks his trail some by showing it isn't all one way.

Either he's very clever in his dark game, or he's riding close to getting caught. But I think even now Dexter realizes there is a downfall to how far he can push it. As he was choking Lila during sex, I wonder if he was thinking "I could make things work this way.."

The acting in this show continues to really impress.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I Netflixed the first season and loved it. I was gonna hold out for the new season to be released on DVD next year, but I saw a trailer for an episode that featured Jamie Murray from "Hustle," so I think I'm gonna have to get Showtime On Demand now...

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Amen to that. With Battlestar Galactica on hiatus, Dexter is the only show on the air right now that I absolutely wouldn't dream of missing. I think this season has been terrific so far. I'm excited (and a little frightened) of how it may end.

I was grinning ear-to-ear when Dex and Lila finally hooked up. My g/f punched me in the arm for it, but it was worth it.

--Jefferson Morris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks