What's new

shows that surprised you when they failed on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, if Warner is gonna do "best of"'s, they should take a page from the Sony handbook and do a "best of the entire series" set like they did Mad About You. I didn't buy it, not because it was a best of, but because I am not a big enough MAY fan to own it. But if they took some of their shows and played the same card like that with covering the entire series in a span of 24 episodes or so, I wouldn't object to that idea as badly, because at least there is much more for the fans to enjoy.

The only "Best Of" set I bought was the Ally McBeal set... and it's been over five years and I still only have just those six episodes on DVD, it's nowhere enough to satisfy my craving to see more of the show. At least something like what Sony did to send MAY off would be a little more sufficible for the fans than getting a 6-episode COASTER.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

And some other people do not grasp the concept that scornful internet posters do not exactly endear one to one's fellow posters.

And as I wrote on the Night Court thread, they can produce Best Ofs till they run out of blank dvds; I won't buy them. I don't have to, and I don't want them.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
^ hey, don't place the blame on me. I was speaking from an angry consumers point-of-view, I wasn't the one acting condescending towards any other posters, basically just speaking my mind that fans do not like "best of" sets, and if you polled most people here, you would see the majority here feels that way. As someone who purchased Murphy Brown and Night Court season 1, I don't feel the need to be preached to the choir when I added my contribution to the money pot for those two series.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
We're not always the majority though. Like in my previous post, as much as we think the DVD world revolves around 'us', it doesn't.

Because if we are, how do you explain 3 fullframe titles in the top 20 of Amazons 'best selling' list?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks