What's new

Shower head shrieking like a banshee (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
All the knowledgable people out there in HTF land, please help me with this.

My shower head is releasing a very high pitched noise intermittantly during a shower. It's not too bad for me, but my SO is being driven up the wall. She wants another showerhead but I don't want to spend the money.

I've taken it off, checked the rubber O ring, replaced the teflon tape, and put it back on. Still yells at me.

Has anyone had any experience with this?? Anyone with suggestions!? Thanks in advance!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Over here, OH PLEASE PLEASE..let me take this one!

Ehem, thanks. :)

I have a suggestion Adam. Read the first sentence over and over until you guess what it is.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I bought a new showerhead at Target on clearance for $1.38 for my apartment to replace the POS that was here when I moved in. It's plastic, but it works fine.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Another obvious solution.

Since you don't want to fork over the $1.98 for a new shower head, and lime remover will cost you even more - I suggest you start taking baths.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Hell, just soak it in white vinegar. Will do the same thing as the lime removal kit for less than $1.00.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit

She's looking at the 40 dollar 'rain' showerhead that's the size of a medium pizza.

Now, you tell me why I want to fix the one I got.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Adam, the SO is a treasure, and a bargain hunter. I've seen that style of showerhead for $800.00, and more.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'm assuming you only have one shower in your home? Because swapping it with the showerhead in the other bathroom would be too obvious. :)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Just one in our less-than-palacial apartment.

Well, since all of the responses have been wise ass or to get a new one, it looks like I know what I'm doing...

Brett_H

Second Unit
Go buy some "CLR" at Target (found by the cleaning products), soak the shower head in that (as stated earlier), and you'll be fine.

-Brett.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
..and of course, when you do fix the old shower head and it no longer squeels like a banshee, she'll still want one of those $40 rain showerhead anyway. :)

Jay

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I found a nice little rainmaker showerhead on clearance at Lowe's for $15. It's only 3 inches in diameter and thus can't keep up with the really big boys, but it does a very nice job, especially considering the price.

Rather off topic, but my bathtub faucet stems keep losing the screws and washers off the back. I'm getting extremely tired of replacing them all the time, and was wondering if anyone had any advice for this.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm amazed no one has come up with the obvious solution yet. simply remove the banshee. problem solved.

sheesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks